**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
After owning a few Chinese phones - namely Huawei and OnePlus, I've decided to go for the Redmi Note 5 Pro as I wanted to see how good Xiaomi phones are and this is a decent phone to start with from what I've read.

Soldato
After owning a few Chinese phones - namely Huawei and OnePlus, I've decided to go for the Redmi Note 5 Pro as I wanted to see how good Xiaomi phones are and this is a decent phone to start with from what I've read.
Nice one mate. Interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives :)

Soldato
Yeh. Can’t fault it to be honest.

Quality it's the Android phone to have if you have the cash to spare.

You're probably aware that SpartaK also bought one the other day. Will be closely following both your comments on the Note 9 thread.

Got an email from the seller that there's a delay in processing the order because of the Chinese holiday. Typical!!

Associate
stoosh...the phone you ordered....is it sd636?
i also ordered a redmi note 5 global edition which is sd636 from aliex. also haven't received tracking number yet ordered it a few days ago. hopefully they'll ship soon!

Soldato
Quality it's the Android phone to have if you have the cash to spare.

You're probably aware that SpartaK also bought one the other day. Will be closely following both your comments on the Note 9 thread.

Got an email from the seller that there's a delay in processing the order because of the Chinese holiday. Typical!!
Typical always happen man. They close for a couple weeks I think? Or is that just Chinese New year

Last edited:
Soldato
stoosh...the phone you ordered....is it sd636?
i also ordered a redmi note 5 global edition which is sd636 from aliex. also haven't received tracking number yet ordered it a few days ago. hopefully they'll ship soon!

I also ordered the 64GB/4GB SD636 configuration Mate from the MiGlobal Store. I had a message from Jack Ma informing me about the Chinese holiday apologising for the delay. Hopefully both our devices will ship soon.

Typical always happen man. They close for a couple weeks I think? Or is that just Chinese New year

Dann right Mate it's always typical. I don't know if it's Chinese New Year or what but there was no movement on orders from Oct 1st - Oct 4th.

I'm in no hurry though whenever it gets here I put it through its paces and post my thoughts on the forum.

Thanks for the YouTube link Dude!

Associate
Got my Poco F1 128Gb today, Says Global international version but came with a sticker with 2 pins on the box and an adaptor(2 pin to 3 pin UK) :(
Did anyone else get a 3 pin charger in the box?

I'm not 100% up to speed on the Poco but I'd be amazed if they came with a 3 pin in the box. Every Chinese phone I've ever had (all international versions) have been 2 pin with a separate adapter.
Most sellers source their global version stocks from Hong Kong which will come with a 3 pin plug in the box.

I see, thanks.

How about this one? It states band20 in the 4G list. Does this mean it's the proper global version?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Glo...6712-4fa8-a50b-25a1276ae5ab&priceBeautifyAB=0
I would get it from eGlobal Central for the same price with no customs charge as you will likely be stung by customs if you order from Aliexpress.

Associate
Good call. This is why I come asking on OcUK before I buy! How's this one?

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-black.html
Yes, that's the global version and use discount code CHKOUT5 at checkout for £5 off. When I ordered my Redmi Note 5 from them, I just went with the free economy express shipping as the insurance coverage (extra £4.68) is to cover themselves so just pay via Paypal for protection in case it is lost or damaged.

Back
Top Bottom