Dodgy Motherboard Effecting Graphics Benchmark Scores?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I recently bought a used Gigabyte Z370 Auros Gaming 7 and Intel 8600K from a guy over here in Thailand. Been having lots of issues with it including secondary and tertiary drives not being recognised at times and the CPU being an absolutely terrible clocker.

I ran a couple of benchmarks yesterday and noticed my scores were well below what they should be for my system with 2 x 1080 Ti in SLi. Having just run Time Spy again now I see my graphics score is 16,555. That's about 3,000 lower than it should be. Heaven was also scoring well under par. I've tried with OC on and off and it doesn't effect the score much. Using earlier drivers helped a tiny bit but nowhere near enough. Seeing as the motherboard has been having the aforementioned issues, I thought it logical it could be the culprit here too. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi 8 Pack. I thought the graphics score was the same regardless of CPU. Everyone else I have seen with 2080 Ti in SLi seems to get at least 19,500 in their graphics scores.

OcUK Staff
Check the speed your gpus are at 8x 8x?? Also monitor them during the run.. Using afterburner or similar. Check both are loaded in high 90% and that they are both boosting to the same clock also they are not throttling with heat. So below 80c

Soldato
OP
Appreciate the continued support mate. Both GPUs confirmed at 8x 8x. Both loading up into near max under stress of the test. Definitely no throttling but temps sometimes going slightly above 80.

Soldato
OP
Thanks very much again 8 Pack. Did some more testing tonight. Frequencies occasionally dropping down a bit after all. Don't remember why I was convinced they weren't throttling down before. Possibly just using the frequencies reported in Heaven instead of Afterburner? Done a lot of tweaking and boosted my score up to 18,500 which is close enough to the average for me seeing where I was before. Got all the fans in my system (including GPUs) running at 100% and it's still barely audible over the noise in the room. Guess that's why these Inno 3D Ti X2s are going cheap in Thailand. Do the job but bugger me, these coolers are crap! Still well worth it for me compared to the cost of other models out here but you can easily see that the premium models offer better cooling by a long stretch.

Back
Top Bottom