Damned if I do, damned if I don't - IGPU issue

Associate
Friend of mine has been having problems with his computer for a long time, so I took a look and basically narrowed it down to the IGPU multi monitor setting in his BIOS (Asrock Z77e-ITX).

If we disable the IGPU then the computer posts fine but is extremely unstable in windows. If I enable IGPU then the computer only posts 50% of the time but it is stable in windows. I initially thought it was an unstable overclock but its not as with IGPU enabled I can prime95 with no problems.

Has anyone come across this before? Is this a common issue or just a faulty board? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
Same issue on the beta bios. I just don't understand why disabling the IGPU would cause instability, if anything i would expect the opposite.

OcUK Staff
Sounds like a RAM issue to me.

Maybe sa io voltages for imc are set differently with igpu on or off. Also check lower timings as maybe during training the igpu on mode is training more relaxed lower timings the ram can hsndle vs not handle.

Cold also just be a cold boot issue when igpu not being used to add heat to imc of the cpu.

Also ofcourse it could be board.

Back
Top Bottom