creative update 1809

Associate
I downloaded the update, but after the download it was supposed to give me the option to reboot, but it did not. So I had a look in view update history, and the update is there, but telling me to reboot. Rebooted, nothing happened, any ideas. Thanks

Soldato
I downloaded the update, but after the download it was supposed to give me the option to reboot, but it did not. So I had a look in view update history, and the update is there, but telling me to reboot. Rebooted, nothing happened, any ideas. Thanks

So you looked in WU history to see if it failed to update?..That happened to my PC and I had to remove my third party AV for it to install.

Soldato
I had same issue back in 2015 with one of my laptop.

Try the solution below:

1. Open Task Manager, click on service tab and stop windows update service wuauserv.
2. Open File Explorer navigate to C:\Windows and rename folder SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.bak
3. Restart windows update service wuauserv and new folder SoftwareDistribution will be created.
4. Run Windows Update again.

If above still not worked then you will need to download media creation tool to create Windows 10 1809 to iso or USB.

Back
Top Bottom