• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
This is just price gouging at it's finest. Not sure what the shops are thinking !!!

If we could buy one at MRSP then I would be in but thats not looking likely anytime soon. Such a shame :rolleyes:

AMD must be laughing at this comedy pricing as all it will achieve is push people there way.

Soldato
One competitor had it up for £550, but quickly increased it to £600 (presumably when they saw what everybody else is doing). Looks like that's going to be the standard.

Soldato
Especially when you see that you can get a X1X and a 65inch OLED for cheaper. The image quality on games is sadly better.

Yeah :)
Xbox One X 1Tb with Fifa 19, Forza Horizon 4, Tekken 7, Project cars 2 = £400
65NU8000 (Freesync TV) = £1250. (55NU8000 = £850).

Total £1650
Assuming someone doesn't sell FH4 & Fifa 19 for £100....

I can tell you, moved all my current games to XbX and haven't looked back.
Using the 8600K/Vega 64 for pc exclusives only. World of Tanks, Paradox games (EU4, CK2, HOI4, Stellaris), Tropico 6 (Beta).
All other games even Elite dangerous, are now on xbone.

OcUK Staff
2700x sales just increased by 50%. AMD are selling a 16 thread CPU for half the price of the equivalent Intel, what ya gonna buy?

So how long until there is an AMD shortage and their prices rocket.

Considering how good our 2700X price is I’m confident in saying it won’t get cheaper and is far more likely to shoot up.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Price gouging at its finest. Haven't bought any computer hardware for ages now due to this. I tend to just visit retailer sites around releases so that I can have a good laugh these days :)

Associate
Haha £600. I'll consider buying in 2 months when they are down to £400 - not a chance until then.
yeah... looking at PC Partpicker the 8700k started around £550 then crashed down to around £400 a few months after.

I don't know, I'm torn. I've saved up for quite a while for this :/

Soldato
Check my post history I called this week's ago, £500-600 with my bet being around £550...

These are the initial batch prices, expect them to go higher until the chip shortage is sorted potentially into next year.

Intel, taking a leaf out of Nvidias book, except Intel have competition.

Do we even have benchmarks yet? Reliable ones, not Intel's "10% gain over previous gen!!! (On Software solely and only optimised for Intel)*

This is hilarious, sadly hilarious, people are still going to grumble whine and moan but pay the price.

I was set to buy at £500 tops, but £600 is just laughable, and the cost of Z390 decent mobos again has gone up this gen.

Looks like I'm staying AMD, bring on Zen2 3700X goodness

Back
Top Bottom