Streamlabs OBS - High CPU use?

Associate
Hey folks,

I've noticed that my Streamlabs OBS is using 87% of my CPU (making my CPU run at 100%) but I believe this has only been since the last update - causing me to have issues while streaming such as missing frames. I've not really had this issue previously so wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

I don't really want to uninstall the software and reinstall as I couldn't copy over my data from OBS last time so had to add all the game scenes all over again and don't want to do it again :)

Cheers OCUK folks!

Associate
Depending on your settings OBS is extremely CPU intensive. So I would look into that before doing anything drastic, may be that the update changed something?

What CPU are you using?

Soldato
No, Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS) shouldn't be very CPU intensive, at all, although of course depends on your settings but it is designed to be lighter weight than OBS.

OBS Studio, plus other windows such as chat/Streamlabs or having Streamlabels open will be more CPU intensive.

I have heard a few people having issues with SLOBS lately and a couple have mentioned higher CPU usage. I tend to stick to OBS but when I have used SLOBS, it was about 4% CPU usage (4790k at the time).

Might want to check your settings, particular video encoding.

If just running SLOBS and OBS with no other windows, I have found them to be about the same. I'll be honest, I prefer OBS Studio as I feel I have more control. New updates coming to OBS Studio sound great and hopefully become more an integrated program like SLOBS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having just spoken to a friend of mine that has had this issue seemed to be linked to Twitch itself (presuming you're using it on Twitch and not Mixer). His issue resolved itself.

Associate
OP
Hi guys,

Intel i7 4790K

And yeah on Twitch, i'll go through the settings again - been running my stream without any issues for ages and now i'm having issues. Thanks guys, i used to use normal OBS but found SLOBS to be better personally in a streaming sense of features on the UI.

Soldato
Yes, SLOBS is better in many ways, I just stuck with what I found worked for me (plus the transfer of scenes etc didn't work very well and I'm too lazy to setup again).

Should be fine, same as my old CPU. I was getting max 7% usage.

There are also issues at the moment (for some) with picking up alerts on SLOBS

Back
Top Bottom