Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Had 3 non show amazon prime deliverys in the last month.

Cut and paste pointless excuses from the customer service monkeys. Prime was great for a long time but seems to be going right down hill now, even see that the advertising standards people are on to them to remove the guaranteed next day as its just not happening anymore

Last edited:
Soldato
Just clicked today's deals and had to laugh when I got to the 10th item in the list (assuming it shows the same items and so on for everyone else). The surrounding items and wording of the deal stuff is just so unfortunate.

Jesus wept, that thing looks like a diabetic lobster claw.

Soldato
I had a delivery guy tell me last week that amazon has cut their effective pay per parcel by about 20% in the past year, No idea if he is talking crap or something in it, but thought I would post it.

That doesnt sound like a policy from a company who is trying to up standards.

Soldato
We just got a month added on after a missed delivery which was combined with an outright lie they had tried to deliver at 10pm (!) but no one was in. The fact next day the package slid easily through our letterbox nailed the lie.

Very unlikely to renew next year. The TV package is junk compared to Netflix, half the items sold are now via associates who don't offer Prime or you get a kind of semi-Prime.

Soldato
Just had my first ever incorrect order in 5 years and circa 600 orders...ordered a PC case and got a car seat instead.

Add that to the 3 late orders i've had in all that time and that's a pretty impressive track record. Personally I have little complaint with them.

They're Prime TV range is smaller than Netflix but the production on their shows far exceeds that of Netflix which is absolutely dropping off in quality in the last 18 months.

Can't believe i've done so many orders tbh, just tallied it all up but a lot of that is rinse and repeat items such as teething powders for the little one. Also a lot will be paid for movies/TV shows.

EDIT: Just checked, 146 on demand movies and TV shows in that time.

Soldato
Just had my first ever incorrect order in 5 years and circa 600 orders...ordered a PC case and got a car seat instead.

To give them credit, shipping a random item to meet the "Next day" promise is an ingenious way to improve their stats while they're being investigated for not meeting their prime delivery targets.

Soldato
To give them credit, shipping a random item to meet the "Next day" promise is an ingenious way to improve their stats while they're being investigated for not meeting their prime delivery targets.

That could actually work depending on the parameters of their internal kpi.

This specific item was ordered Sunday and did state Tuesday delivery, just a shame it wasn't what I ordered.

Soldato
We just got a month added on after a missed delivery which was combined with an outright lie they had tried to deliver at 10pm (!) but no one was in. The fact next day the package slid easily through our letterbox nailed the lie.

Very unlikely to renew next year. The TV package is junk compared to Netflix, half the items sold are now via associates who don't offer Prime or you get a kind of semi-Prime.

Yeah the movies content you have to be careful, a lot of stuff on there is not inclusive and you have to pay to watch the movie even with a prime subscription.

I aso noticed the shrinking supply of prime delivery product as well, and this is on top of the addon silliness as well.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

No complaints from me. Never fail to deliver and no messed up orders.

Soldato
Weird, just ordered 2 things together, both eligible for Prime, both sold by Amazon EU and it says 1 is for delivery tomorrow and 1 on Sunday....why would that be?

Soldato
Ahh ok, I just thought prime was next day delivery. Not that bothered tbh, just thought it was odd :)

A year or so ago that would have been the case as most of the distribution centres would have had a large range of like for like product in stock at each centre, now, however, Amazon seem to have realised they can make far more money filling their warehouses with cheap fake Chinese tat being flogged by various international money laundering concerns ;)

Soldato
Prices on amazon.fr/de, are often cheaper, and still offer free delivery;

If you need to return something (clothing wrong size/don't like, so your fault) do you have to send it back to an EU address, at much greater expense ?
maybe warranty too, is harder to exploit, if it fails.

Caporegime
Not actually had a missed delivery.
But I don' tthink much of prime video. So I wouldn't pay for it if I suddenly had to (share with the gf)

Soldato
Prices on amazon.fr/de, are often cheaper, and still offer free delivery;

If you need to return something (clothing wrong size/don't like, so your fault) do you have to send it back to an EU address, at much greater expense ?
maybe warranty too, is harder to exploit, if it fails.

Pretty sure it's in their returns T&C's that wrong sizes don't incur return postage charges. I've had purchases from non Amazon sellers try and deduct postage and Amazon always step in.

Soldato
Pretty sure it's in their returns T&C's that wrong sizes don't incur return postage charges. I've had purchases from non Amazon sellers try and deduct postage and Amazon always step in.

Thanks - some of the trainers, sold by Amazon themselves, explicitly say 'free returns' on their web page, but a lot of clothing does not,
with wiggle/chain-reactions (for bike stuff), I just purchase two sizes to send one back, for free.

But I did not know Amazon might do the same, for stuff, where, you have checked their sizing information, but still get it wrong.

(I guess they would have to have free returns for womens clothing, to be competitive - there was some report on the high returns %)

Back
Top Bottom