So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Sorry I have not been active for a while, sort of fallen out of love with the world.

Still going and watching Wednesday (and as much football as I can).

I thought Leeds were not just the best side I have seen at Hillsborough this season, but for a while. They were excellent, and despite a fairly even first half (which I thought was an excellent game of football), in the second half Wednesday got taught a real lesson, if Leeds had slightly more up top they could have ran away with that match.

The only question mark that remains is can Leeds maintain this, I doubt it, but it is excellent while it lasts.

Wednesday are doing better than expected, without playing well.

Soldato
Well bugger me, Smith did leave Brentford for us.

It's a strange one, eh? He looks to have been fourth choice, behind Henry, Faria and Fonseca (?). which says how much they genuinely valued him but also that Smith could probably hold them to ransom over his salary!

He'll either do very poorly, with Villa and fans soon realising that his role at Brentford was so narrow that a Villa job is simply too much for him. Or, he'll step up and revel in the new position. Shouldn't ever question anyone's ambition and ability, particularly as he's still very much on an upward trajectory career-wise.

He was good for us, but we were great for him. No qualms about his reasons for leaving - who wouldn't turn down his family club for 5 x the salary?

Soldato
Yep, of the old-school larger-than-life characters of football. Him and Big Ron both being at the club certainly put some pizzazz into things back in the early 90s!

He could be frustrating at times with how he ran the club, but he lived and breathed Villa and I don't think anyone would argue he didn't want the best for us.

RIP Deadly and welcome Deano. What an odd week for Villa fans...

Soldato
Decent start for Dean Smith, 3 points and a clean sheet. Forest are really getting on my nerves, all of my picks to win their divisions are doing really well except them. A win yesterday would have put them 3 pts off top but now it's 6.

Soldato
For once Boro capitalised on the slip-ups from those around them. So far this season we've been unable to do that.
I'm still far from convinced we can sustain a push for the one of the automatic spots though.

Soldato
Ipswich manager gone :D I love watching them implode after how they treated Mick,they were clearly going to tank and nice to see it coming to fruition. Sometimes you get just what you ask for :D

Associate
Ipswich manager gone :D I love watching them implode after how they treated Mick,they were clearly going to tank and nice to see it coming to fruition. Sometimes you get just what you ask for :D
Ipswich fan here. The whole Mick debacle was unsavory but ultimately the correct decision at the time. The football was awful - genuinely awful to watch. Things Mick said riled the fans, fans riled Mick, it went both ways. The way Mick got treated by a small contingent was awful though. Paul Hurst coming in, again, at the time looked a good appointment. It quickly became apparant that he was out of his depth. Our recent displays have been worse that what McCarthy drummed up. The game against QPR was completly gutless and the players and management team should have been ashamed at that performance.

Now it looks like we're getting ex Norwich manager (!) Paul Lambert. It's the type of job that Mick McCarthy would have been used for but we've already played that card!

Back
Top Bottom