Is it worth touching this car / How much do you think it is worth?

Associate
That’s about the right price for an average condition facelift with no problems.
The crunch is the synchro(from memory I think 2nd gear), they had a recall on them back in the day but not all were done.
Also bear in mind it is recommended to get the timing chain done at 100k.
I also wouldn’t touch one that hasn’t had service history. Regular oil changes are important for the VTEC.

I’m looking for one too, used to have one when it was 2 years old and fancy a trip down memory lane.

Soldato
wasn't there a civic type R seller asking for an add review recently (service history issue, front cowling) .. first car sale on MM ?

Soldato
I don't think they're meant to be that bad, just not as good as the EP3 and some other hot hatches of the same era. I think the FN2 has aged quite well in terms of looks, too (I used to think they were hideous). The interior is also a million times nicer than the EP3.

Having owned an EP3, I'd probably take an FN2 these days. They're newer and I don't see so many being trashed by idiots as the EP3 was, probably down to its looks/reputation.

Associate
I don't think they're meant to be that bad, just not as good as the EP3 and some other hot hatches of the same era. I think the FN2 has aged quite well in terms of looks, too (I used to think they were hideous). The interior is also a million times nicer than the EP3.

Having owned an EP3, I'd probably take an FN2 these days. They're newer and I don't see so many being trashed by idiots as the EP3 was, probably down to its looks/reputation.

I owned an EP3 for 4.5 years until a couple of years back and picked up an 09 FN2 yesterday and I must admit the FN2 is much nicer than I expected. Much more modern inside, auto headlights/wipers, cruise control, USB / aux in hidden in the centre console.

For the money people ask for EP3’s nowadays I think FN2’s are definitely the better buy unless you’re looking for a track toy

Soldato
Associate
OP
That's miles nicer - going for a look?
Yeah I think so - Has two advisory items
  • Nearside Front Direction indicator slightly discoloured (1.4.A.2f)
  • Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Always slightly wary of buying from a car dealership because of their rep!

Soldato
The MOT fails are pretty minor things, not to much to worry about tbh.

Things like lamps and wipers are a non-issue, those are 5 minute jobs. Anti-roll bar linkage will need fixing.

Caporegime
I'd be running a mile. The fact it has all the ICE crap in it tells me it probably belongs to a boy racer and has been doing burnouts at Tescos whilst pumping phat choonz for all the local fanny. My spidey senses are telling me that this may even be related to the borked gearbox as it's probably flung itself out of gear so many times under heavy load that the poor thing has just given up.

EDIT: The one in the OP. I haven't seen the others.

Back
Top Bottom