2FA - who uses it?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hello,

I have just upgraded to 1Password 7 and have been working through updating my logins. A new feature of the software highlights which sites use two factor authentication, that you're not currently using.

I'd be interested in knowing who uses 2FA and if you use it whenever it's available or selectively on websites.

Personally speaking, I use 2FA on OcUK forums (mod team requirement) but have never really bothered on other websites because I already use complex 16 digit passwords. I suppose I don't see the need but maybe I am missing a trick :o

The iOS app I use is called "Authy" and has a nice Watch complication, but I'm not sold on the hassle for the sake of Amazon and Facebook etc.

Man of Honour
Everywhere I can.. I found out the hard way.

Hackers took control of my VM mail and deleted my wife's subset email account.. I only found out as they attempted to take my Steam account which fortunately, was 2FA but they got my Origin account and a few others .. Since VM mail doesn't support 2FA, I switched to one that does.

Soldato
I use it everywhere and use 1Password to store the one time password code so it's saved in the cloud.

You don't need Authy if you have 1Password as the 1Password watch app can display the one time passwords for you.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
I use it everywhere and use 1Password to store the one time password code so it's saved in the cloud.

You don't need Authy if you have 1Password as the 1Password watch app can display the one time passwords for you.
I <3 you

Didn’t realise 1Password could do this, which is definitely on my to do list tomorrow.

Soldato
Another 1Password user here as well. I use 2FA everywhere I can as well along with a strong password, you can't be too careful and Id rather have the extra layer of security than not.

I also use 1Password on my Apple Watch to display one time passwords. With iOS 12 now also allowing 1Password integration to Autofill passwords it works really well.

Soldato
I <3 you

Didn’t realise 1Password could do this, which is definitely on my to do list tomorrow.

There is a cost to unlock the feature though. It's available through in-app purchase on iOS.

Edit: Under Settings>Pro features, then tap the green price button and confirm your purchase. Thats assuming you are not using a 1Password account.

Soldato
There is a cost to unlock the feature though. It's available through in-app purchase on iOS.

Edit: Under Settings>Pro features, then tap the green price button and confirm your purchase. Thats assuming you are not using a 1Password account.
If he has a subscription then he gets all the features across all apps on all platforms.

Caporegime
I use it wherever possible. What annoys me is when its hard to enable or not enabled by default.

Enabling it on eBay was ridiculous! This thread has made me consider using 1Password. :)

Associate
2FA on everything, and only if I can use app or physical key based 2FA, not giving out my phone number to most sites (except PayPal, wish they added more 2FA options).

I use 1Password, Authy and YubiKey for my security options.

It's a breeze with 1Password having autofill for OTP codes.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Came back to say that I've now enabled it on all logins where it's an option. Auto-copy to clipboard on the 1Password app on iOS is so good that I can't recommend it enough.

Go to website > tap the text to say use my login > authenticate with Face ID > notification pops up saying the OTP code has been copied > paste code > done

:)

Back
Top Bottom