Android Cast v Samsung Smart View

Soldato
My Samsung Galaxy S6 mirrors on my Samsung TV perfectly and I use it to watch BT Sport via the Android app, which works in full HD and maintains a solid connection for over an hour at a time.

How does this compare to the Android Cast option on non-Samsung Android phones? I'm pondering a OnePlus 6/6T but if the Cast option doesn't work in the same way, e.g. mirroring the phone like for like in HD then it's a deal-breaker.

Soldato
Do you have the option to 'Cast' in the app or are you mirroring your screen because BT Sport is included as part of your phone contract and won't allow you to cast?
I'm the latter and have used both Smart View screen mirroring and Cast my screen option and Smart View is far superior in this regard as you say, the 'Cast you screen' option in Android while ok lags like hell at times for video and the audio generally has sync problems at some point. I've never had any of that with Smart View.

Soldato
OP
To be honest I've not tried the Cast option from within the BT Sport app, since Smart View has always been faultless for me. I use my Bro's BT Sport login with the app so my contract doesn't include BT at all!

My worry is that I get a non-Samsung phone and the Cast option included with Android is rubbish compared to Smart View, but I have no experience of Cast since my phone doesn't seem to have it, hence asking you guys for your experiences.

Back
Top Bottom