Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Anyone looking for a deal pm me , I work for VM and haved signed up a few of you here. New customers only!
Just spoke someone at Virgin (via you - thanks) I can get the Mix package for £47 with 350Mb...not sure if I'll go for it, was hoping for the £28 / £35 350Mb only...even for under £15 the TV isn't worth it (to me)

Soldato
I just got my phone call. I have 350Mb internet and the phone and TV was free as I tried to get rid of them before and they said have them anyway. They offered me £50 credit and £32 a month for just 350Mb internet and scrapped the phone and TV.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing for sure when I next renegotiate in the summer I'm not being fooled into having the landline.

Fed up of paying for something that's not even plugged into the wall.

That should strip £20 a month off straight away.

Only need Tivo full TV + 350mb (even then I could live with 200mb).

Will be playing hard ball to cancel my contract till I get what I want!

Soldato
Got offered a good deal to stay with VM in the end, a week before the line was due to go dead. £22/month for 100Mb internet. Excellent.

Sadly, the TV (bottom package) was going to be another £13/month on top, so that's gone. It's not worth it; we only watch the stuff that's on Freeview any way.

Soldato
One thing for sure when I next renegotiate in the summer I'm not being fooled into having the landline.

Fed up of paying for something that's not even plugged into the wall.

That should strip £20 a month off straight away.

Only need Tivo full TV + 350mb (even then I could live with 200mb).

Will be playing hard ball to cancel my contract till I get what I want!

Good luck with that, when I tried to get rid of the LL and get a discount for not having it, the cheeky beggars told me it would cost more!

Associate
Does anyone live in PR5 area on virgin media and can let me know what sort of speeds they're getting and if there's any congestion issues or not?

Looking at moving from sky fibre, purely as i'm paying 45 quid a month for fibre max and phone line. Out of contract with the internet side but my tv is still in till july. What sort of deals are being offered on mates rates at the moment? I know they're not as good as they use to be but happy to pay 45 to get tv as well as that won't cost me any more but will hopefully give me a lot more speed. Currently on fibre max and get 43 down and 6 up, was looking at vivid 200 but tempted by the 350 package as it's got better upload and with the little ones constantly online and watching loads through ondemand and streaming services it soon takes away from a half decent connection.

Also any probs with gaming? I've got a Netgear D7000 router which i'll be keeping as it's all setup for my port forwarding and home lab setup.

TIA

Soldato
LOL :)

I've always got that reply.

Same. When I persisted they said they were throwing it in free so it wouldn't make any difference. With my recent retentions phone call, I finally got rid of it and the TiVo box. As a plus, they said they didn't want the TiVo box back, so I can pull the hard drive out of that!

Back
Top Bottom