Comfortable (trainer like) work shoes?

Soldato
I work in a suit, with 'smart' shoes (not ones that have an app or soemthing, I mean they look smart...) and if I spend 6 or 7 hours on my feet, they really are hurting.

Are there any smart looking shoes that are essentially trainers/running shoes that feel spongy/comfortable to walk on?

Man of Honour
As I've mentioned before couple of people I know swear by Geox for this kind of use but I've never tried myself.

Soldato
Another vote for Sketchers, used to wear them all the time when I was required to wear shirt and trousers, now I can get away with jeans and a t-shirt I've reverted to the old faithful of Nike Air Max (If you can find a black leather pair of these then it would be a no brainer to get these)

Soldato
Depends what you've got but often a decent quality expensive pair of shoes can make a noticeable difference, even from a £35 to £90 made a big difference for me and that's being on your feet for up to 16 hours photographing weddings.

Other than that, try some inserts into the existing shoes? They can really improve the comfort. https://www.nursetheory.com/best-insoles/

Commissario
I have a pair of Clarks brogues that I have walked for literally thousands of miles in. They're very comfortable and still smart. They get cleaned and polished regularly and have been resoled and reheeled a number of times.

This is a genuine use of the word literally. I have walked for thousands of miles in them.

Smart does not automatically mean uncomfortable. You get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom