• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RADEON VEGA 56 ONLY £349.99 WITH THREE FREE GAMES!! *****

OcUK Staff
OP
With those games and in today's climate that's a good deal, far better than 1070's that are close to £400.

To be honest 1070 is now fully depleted I can’t find any and our stocks are single digits on all cards and hence no deals so pricing is poor.

On the flip side we do have 1070Ti from £359.99 on the web shop which is another great deal as the 1070Ti is the direct rival to Vega 56 and is also not far off 1080/2070 in performance but £100 cheaper.

The Vega 56 and 1070Ti deals around £350 are good and represent incredible 1080P and 1440P performance.

Associate
Must grumble - VERY LOUDLY :mad: Recently bought a Vega 56 on ebay. Though less than this offer it still looks expensive against it. Been looking for ages. My old system I built in 2013 and been somewhat out of touch as to how expensive some components have become. I have a i5-3570K and HD 7950 and not sure I'm wasting my money combining the vega 56 with the i5. I've not installed the vega yet as an issue I've now tracked down to a faulty power button on old antec p180 case - that the door is hanging off anyway. I see a new case in my future :D

Associate
paid £40 more the week before last but still felt it was a good deal at the time with the amd reward software bundle so even better value now, taken a while but got it nicely undervolted with a mild oc after following guides on here. Couple of points its a very large card overall but light with no need for additional support so definitely worth a measure up before ordering and secondly as the pcb is 1/2 length (the remaining card length made up of the heat exchanger) means the six and eight pin connectors are in the middle of the card and I found quite a tight fit between the side case and connectors

Associate
Is it loud?

Its up and running, Just had a quick blast on AC and Pcars2 with the settings maxed and it seems quieter than my RX470, Not bad considering it has an extra fan. According to HWinfo the fans on the Vega are running slower than the RX470 fans did.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Its up and running, Just had a quick blast on AC and Pcars2 with the settings maxed and it seems quieter than my RX470, Not bad considering it has an extra fan. According to HWinfo the fans on the Vega are running slower than the RX470 fans did.

Good performance gain?

Associate
The games look so much better and run so smooth, Cheers for the great deal and super fast dispatch, Didn't think i would get it untill Monday! :)

Associate
To be honest 1070 is now fully depleted I can’t find any and our stocks are single digits on all cards and hence no deals so pricing is poor.

On the flip side we do have 1070Ti from £359.99 on the web shop which is another great deal as the 1070Ti is the direct rival to Vega 56 and is also not far off 1080/2070 in performance but £100 cheaper.

The Vega 56 and 1070Ti deals around £350 are good and represent incredible 1080P and 1440P performance.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that.

Associate
Ive just installed GPU-Z to have a look as HW Monitor for some reason is showing my gpu utilization as 0%. GPU-Z's showing i have Samsung HBM2 which i believe is nice and my GPU clock is 1590mhz. I didn't touch the 2 switches on the side of the card, I assume ones a powersaver mode and the other is for switching bios's? (Had a quick google but cant find much) Even so my GPU clock seems nearer to what 64's are?

OcUK Staff
OP
Ive just installed GPU-Z to have a look as HW Monitor for some reason is showing my gpu utilization as 0%. GPU-Z's showing i have Samsung HBM2 which i believe is nice and my GPU clock is 1590mhz. I didn't touch the 2 switches on the side of the card, I assume ones a powersaver mode and the other is for switching bios's? (Had a quick google but cant find much) Even so my GPU clock seems nearer to what 64's are?

Powercolor just quote reference speeds but cooler means it go faster.

Associate
Guys a few questions before I pull the trigger....

Currently have a R9 290 - I've seen some of the improvements this card will offer in terms of performance uplift, but is it a worthy upgrade over the 290 - in realworld use.

How does this stack up against a 1070 and 1070ti ?

I'm only really playing Destiny 2 and Farcry 5 ATM at 1080 but would like to go 1440 at some point - I like the idea of having a card that I can just use for future titles....

Also, what's the deal with the games - Can they be sold on ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinny.

Back
Top Bottom