• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RADEON VEGA 56 ONLY £349.99 WITH THREE FREE GAMES!! *****

OcUK Staff
OP
Guys a few questions before I pull the trigger....

Currently have a R9 290 - I've seen some of the improvements this card will offer in terms of performance uplift, but is it a worthy upgrade over the 290 - in realworld use.

How does this stack up against a 1070 and 1070ti ?

I'm only really playing Destiny 2 and Farcry 5 ATM at 1080 but would like to go 1440 at some point - I like the idea of having a card that I can just use for future titles....

Also, what's the deal with the games - Can they be sold on ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinny.

1070Ti was released to compete with VEGA 56, they trade blows and we also have 1070Ti in stock from £359.99
THough normally AMD cards are like fine wines and get faster with age.

Associate
1070Ti was released to compete with VEGA 56, they trade blows and we also have 1070Ti in stock from £359.99
THough normally AMD cards are like fine wines and get faster with age.

Thanks Gibbo,

To be honest - I favour AMD cards always have.

What's the deal with the games - Are they able to be sold on Gibbo or not ?

Thank you for your help, so far.....

Vinny.

Soldato
Guys a few questions before I pull the trigger....

Currently have a R9 290 - I've seen some of the improvements this card will offer in terms of performance uplift, but is it a worthy upgrade over the 290 - in realworld use.

How does this stack up against a 1070 and 1070ti ?

I'm only really playing Destiny 2 and Farcry 5 ATM at 1080 but would like to go 1440 at some point - I like the idea of having a card that I can just use for future titles....

Also, what's the deal with the games - Can they be sold on ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinny.

The card is pretty much on par with the 1070ti, win or lose by a hair depending on the game and resolution (Vega better for higher resolutions). The games can be sold on, I see the whole 3 usually go for around £50.

Associate
The card is pretty much on par with the 1070ti, win or lose by a hair depending on the game and resolution (Vega better for higher resolutions). The games can be sold on, I see the whole 3 usually go for around £50.

Thank you for this Ponerous - Greatly appreciated.

Final question - @Gibbo, how long is this deal on for !? I'm definitely going to order, just need to move some money around in Monday.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Vinny.

Associate
Thank you for this Ponerous - Greatly appreciated.

Final question - @Gibbo, how long is this deal on for !? I'm definitely going to order, just need to move some money around in Monday.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Vinny.
I called today to ask ... Its on till Wednesday. I hope I get my ebay refund back by then cuz I'm getting one. Was meant to buy the strix 64 but got scammed. Knock the memory to 945mhz or so is my target. Undervolt by 50mv and see what it can do.

Associate
I called today to ask ... Its on till Wednesday. I hope I get my ebay refund back by then cuz I'm getting one. Was meant to buy the strix 64 but got scammed. Knock the memory to 945mhz or so is my target. Undervolt by 50mv and see what it can do.

Brilliant !!!

Thanks for your help, that's me sold !!!

Cheers for all your help guys.

Vinny .

Associate
So, I'm strongly considering this, seeing as I want to be able to max out Assetto Corsa Competizione (that's the most demanding game I currently play, my RX 480 only manages 75fps on medium settings at a stretch). Do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade for my build? Also, is my power supply adequate? I do have a freesync 75hz ultrawide monitor, which is why I'd prefer this to the 1070Ti

Thanks in advance

No competitor links, please have a read of the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I'm think that I'm gutted that I pulled the trigger on a new EVGA 1070 for my first ever PC build rather than this....sadly it's flying it's way over otherwise I'd have cancelled it, although I did manage to get it cheap which makes me feel somewhat better.

Envious of the Vega 56 for irrational reasons when I game at 1080p!

Associate
i think your pushing it on a 500w psu with this card 3 drives and i guess an overclocked k series intel? i know there not the most accurate but something like the coolermaster psu calculator estimates up to 450w on load with that setup and id want some headroom on the psu to allow for that, ive a similar setup but with a ryzen 5 1600 overclocked and 3 drives plus optical and all good on a 650w seagate.

With regard to the games and this may just be coincidence but i couldnt redeem the amd reward voucher for the games initially - when i physically replaced my sapphire rx 480 with the powercolor vega the voucher was cleared so guessing voucher may be tied to the presence of the qualifying card?

Associate
So, I'm strongly considering this, seeing as I want to be able to max out Assetto Corsa Competizione (that's the most demanding game I currently play, my RX 480 only manages 75fps on medium settings at a stretch). Do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade for my build? Also, is my power supply adequate? I do have a freesync 75hz ultrawide monitor, which is why I'd prefer this to the 1070Ti

Thanks in advance

As quiksilva said your PSU might be an issue, Ive got a Seasonic 620W and also questioned whether this would be up to it as the minimum PSU spec for the 56 is 650W. Its got an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connectors and ive run mine separately off the PSU (No piggybacking) The cards running as per out the box and im using Radeon chill and it seems fine. Ive got a ryzen 1600 running stock, 16GB 3000mhz memory running at 2993mhz and a 32" 2560x 1440 75hz freesync monitor. Im playing ACC and coming from an RX470 Nitro O/C+ the 56 is a nice step up, Everything on epic and really smooth considering the games not fully optimised yet, Pcars2 looks lovely. Next step for me is to tweak the 56 settings in Wattman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Any chance we will see that Vega 64 Sapphire fall a bit in price @Gibbo? Seems to be the only V64 sitting at £500.

The Asus Vega 64 Strix at £450 is a good option if you're willing to replace the VRM pads on it, There's a thread somewhere in this graphics card section where Gibbo tests the Vega Strix and finds that the card throttles due to the VRM pads not connecting with the heatsink properly, He then took the cooler off and replaced them with thicker ones fixing the problem. Knowing what we learned from that thread I'd go for the Strix and do the fix myself. OCUK also has an understanding with Asus where OCUK deals with warranty issues on their behalf and OCUK's customer service is first class.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/asus-strix-amd-vega-64-under-450-interested.18830240/

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/asus-vega-64-strix-improve-vrm-temps-fix.18831051/

Associate
I have had a look into that @soldato, and I love the strix line-ups, but in this case I'd be so worried about voiding the warranty trying to fix that thing. It's a real shame cos Strix normally have uncompromising build quality, so at £450 it's an amazing deal, I just can't bring myself to buy one with knowledge that I'll have to take it apart as soon as I get it.

The sapphires are a solid buy, even at £50 more. I was gonna be patient and see if prices drop a bit but I'm SO worried they'll go out of stock or the price will rise I may just succumb and buy one. Only problem would be I'd have no way to test it until the 30th of next month, which is when I can buy the rest of the build. A real conundrum.

Associate
As quiksilva said your PSU might be an issue, Ive got a Seasonic 620W and also questioned whether this would be up to it as the minimum PSU spec for the 56 is 650W. Its got an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connectors and ive run mine separately off the PSU (No piggybacking) The cards running as per out the box and im using Radeon chill and it seems fine. Ive got a ryzen 1600 running stock, 16GB 3000mhz memory running at 2993mhz and a 32" 2560x 1440 75hz freesync monitor. Im playing ACC and coming from an RX470 Nitro O/C+ the 56 is a nice step up, Everything on epic and really smooth considering the games not fully optimised yet, Pcars2 looks lovely. Next step for me is to tweak the 56 settings in Wattman.

Ok that's good to know. I think a new PSU is in order - I've only got a single 6 pin connector going to my RX480 right now and there's only a 6 pin connector free on the PSU itself so I'd not be able to connect the Vega regardless!

Associate
i have this red dragon vega 56 over clocked to vega64 speeds,but my old silverstone 700w psu kept getting no signal crashes,so changed to a evga 850w psu ,now its fine,

Back
Top Bottom