PS4 Stick Resistance

Soldato
One thing that bugs me a bit on the PS4 controller is that the stick resistance is quite low - I prefer having sensitivity a bit higher in order to give a significant movement from full throw, but resistance to the stick for close precision.

I've found the odd video online of breaking down the stick assembly itself to change the spring within, but are there any other options for having a controller with greater stick resistance?

Cheers.

Caporegime
Only thing that annoys me about the sticks is the rubber wears down too easy.

I thought that was only an issue with the launch models of DualShock 4? I've been using mine for three and a half years (bought 18 months after launch) and no noticeable wear and tear. And the v2 models (PS4 Slim + Pro) are even more durable.

Associate
I've been wondering about this myself for my brother..he is hopeless as he constantly moves the sticks too far even on lowest aim sensitivity!
I was looking at the sticks last night and was thinking, how about sugru around the bottom of the sticks? it adheres to the surface but is still flexible enough to allow movement.
Just a thought....

Soldato
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I've been using Kontrol Freeks for years and can't play an FPS game without them.

If you're finding the sticks to light then there are things available called FPS Aim Assist, they are little foam circles that go on the stick. I tried them on the Xbox pad as I find the resistance to light on them but I couldn't find a comfortable resistance so didn't use them. May be worth a look as they were quite cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom