Stolen iPhone X

Caporegime
Work colleague's brother had his phone stolen last night, he knows exactly where it is because of find my iPhone, called 101 but they just gave him a crime reference number and they aren't even going to bother going to look at the address it says its at.

Why?!

Soldato
People should look after their possessions better (many assumptions made here). In fact I partially retract that comment.

Police should investigate but there must be so many lost/stolen phone cases that it's unrealistic to have any good outcomes.

Caporegime
This happened to a mate of mine. He narrowed it down to the exact house and took a few of his mates round with a baseball bat. Got the phone back right away with no trouble.

Police are useless these days unless you're saying mean words to someone, etc.

Associate
Call West Yorkshire police and say the phone has been stolen by someone clapping near some students who are triggered by normal everyday activities and they'll soon allocate officers to investigate.

Man of Honour
They are too busy arresting old people for not paying the TV licence

:rolleyes:

The problem arises around the accuracy of find my iPhone. It's not accurate enough to believe that it's in only one address. That makes power of entry tricky.

Years ago we would have investigated thefts like these, but it's just not a priority these days.

Caporegime
OP
:rolleyes:

The problem arises around the accuracy of find my iPhone. It's not accurate enough to believe that it's in only one address. That makes power of entry tricky.
Yeah but these people are usually known to police, I'm sure they could make an educated guess. Even looking on Google maps I can probably guess which house it is.

Caporegime
This happened to a mate of mine. He narrowed it down to the exact house and took a few of his mates round with a baseball bat. Got the phone back right away with no trouble.

Police are useless these days unless you're saying mean words to someone, etc.
Been part of the “group of mates” in a similar situation, we got the phone back also (proving the address wasn’t hard, it was a farm!)

Police are far from useless, they are just under resources and over stretched.

Soldato
Why the hell does someone with a stolen phone, use it to take photos they have no way of accessing? Lol

(I'm assuming the phone was locked of course...)

Back
Top Bottom