Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Special ed or standard the one to go for?

Standard, the other editions simply aren't worth the extra money for the pitiful amount of extra content you get.

Depends if you can justify spending an extra £25 for two extra missions, a few weapons, XP bonuses and horse outfits. Oh, and a map.

Pretty sure all versions come with a map, just the special editions have a fancier one.

Soldato
I have pre-ordered the standard version from Smyths for £45 and just got an email stating they are opening at midnight. So if I am still awake I will pop over (About 4 miles from me) and get mine, get home and start it installing/updating and it "should" be ready by time I get back from work at about 6pm. :D

Question tho.. I am not far off full on my 2Tb drive. So I also have a 250Gb Samsung Evo SSD so was wondering if its worth installing RDR2 to that drive as an external.. Hummmm...

Associate
Reviews go up today, be aware that anything is a spoiler these days! I intend to just see what sort of scores it gets out of interest and continue waiting for tomorrow :)

You get it for the PS4?

I'm waiting for some thermal grizzly pads to arrive today then going to replace the pads and paste and fire up GoW. If it runs quieter than it is now I'll get it on the pro, if not it's going on the 1X

Soldato
I'm so excited to play this later. I'm working until 1am but will get a few hours in before going to bed when I get home.

I've watched a lot of the leaked gameplay and it's better than I could ever have imagined. The lighting, the sounds of the guns, the Euphoria physics and the animations in particular stand out to me.

The gore looks awesome as well!

Soldato
You get it for the PS4?

I'm waiting for some thermal grizzly pads to arrive today then going to replace the pads and paste and fire up GoW. If it runs quieter than it is now I'll get it on the pro, if not it's going on the 1X

Nice!

Yeah ps4 pro here. I got suckered in to the XB1X 4k hype at launch. Had the console about a month and sold it. Just had the user interface and prefer the PS4 pad personally. Can't argue that hardware wise, the X is impressive.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Apart from a higher resolution and 4K assets? Which is actually about as substantial as any difference between platforms ever gets.

Oh dry up for crying out loud. We ALL know the X1X has superior hardware to the PS4 Pro. We're saying, in regards to RDR2, there probably won't be much difference in quality between the two.

___

The collectors edition guide I ordered from Amazon had it's delivery date changed from the 26th Oct to the 30th. I bet they had a ton of orders for it tbh, no bother though.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Can’t decide if I’m gonna get on 1x or ps pro, prefer the Xbox controller, but I don’t think there will be much in it, few reports 1x runs native 4k?

If you're that bothered, wait until Digital Foundry do their tech analysis on it. That's when we'll truly know if it's native 4K. Personally, I'm staying with PS4 as that's where all my mates are.

Associate
Can’t decide if I’m gonna get on 1x or ps pro, prefer the Xbox controller, but I don’t think there will be much in it, few reports 1x runs native 4k?

On the store page it has HDR, 4K etc. Once people are in game no one will care if they are on Xbox or PS4 as it will look stunning either way. It just gives the crappy gaming sites some fuel to create dross articles of PS4 vs XBOX comparison. My decision will be based purely on whether my PS4 runs quieter after I reapply some Grizzly Kryonaut paste.

Associate
I've gone special edition physical, if I get more than 10 hours out the game it's money well spent to me.

Spend upwards of £10 to go watch a film at the cinema which is around an hour, this is guaranteed to have me hooked for much longer and thus don't have an issue with paying £75 for it.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I've gone special edition physical, if I get more than 10 hours out the game it's money well spent to me.

Spend upwards of £10 to go watch a film at the cinema which is around an hour, this is guaranteed to have me hooked for much longer and thus don't have an issue with paying £75 for it.

Main story is 60-65 hours mate. Easily going to be a 150+ hour game IMO.

Back
Top Bottom