Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
X1X does look considerably better than Pro from the footage I'm seeing, but not enough to make me spend 350 quid on one! I was a massive MS fanboy last gen but they dropped the ball this time.

Bit gutted the PS4 Pro looks so soft tbh, think they'd be better with a dynamic 1440p than weird half res.

Associate
The footage from DF on the comparison kinda shows that the One S and PS4 original are pretty much end of life in terms of keeping up with the AAA titles. I think the Pro will get a few patches over the coming weeks to fine tune the graphic output but overall it feels like the Pro has reached its limit and will survive for the short term on exclusives but it probably explains why there has been a sudden increase in talk of the PS5. The XB1X probably has an extra 12 months on it than the Pro does purely as it was released with a better overall hardware configuration but I suspect it'll find itself in the same boat this time next year.

Similar to when R* released GTA V in 2013 on the PS3 and 360 - both consoles were replaced a year later with the PS4 and XB1 - could be the catalyst for substantiated info on the next two consoles / cloud gaming over the next few months. really can't wait to play this, downloading now :D:D:D:D

Caporegime
That is pretty amazing that the Xbox One X is a 99.9%-solid 4K30 with all the beautiful graphics. I can't see why next gen can't have 4K60 with even more beautiful graphics really.

Soldato
X1X does look considerably better than Pro from the footage I'm seeing, but not enough to make me spend 350 quid on one! I was a massive MS fanboy last gen but they dropped the ball this time.

Bit gutted the PS4 Pro looks so soft tbh, think they'd be better with a dynamic 1440p than weird half res.

Agreed, I also have the Pro (pretty much solely for exclusives, bought it because of Persona 5) but I don't feel particularly compelled to get the game with how soft it looks. It just bothers me too much. I really hope they release it for PC as well, or at least also on next gen consoles.

That is pretty amazing that the Xbox One X is a 99.9%-solid 4K30 with all the beautiful graphics. I can't see why next gen can't have 4K60 with even more beautiful graphics really.

Well, it depends on what the devs want to prioritize, but certainly 4K 60fps would be easily possible. X1X already has a beefy RX 580ish equivalent for graphics power so the next step-up is something like V56/64 which is what we hear Navi is targeting and also what the target is for next gen consoles and that could already do 4K 60fps on PC with tweaks, so they'd be able to get even more out of it on consoles.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed, I also have the Pro but I don't feel particularly compelled to get the game with how soft it looks. It just bothers me too much. I really hope they release it for PC as well, or at least also on next gen consoles.

Yeah, I'm going to wait. I'm not paying £60 for a sub-30 wobble on PS4 Pro. I'll hold out for a next-gen version or PC. I'm sure either or both will come along eventually.

Back
Top Bottom