Track sender of a parcel wioth Parcel Force.

Associate
I have a customer who i was collecting a parcel off so i sent her a Parcel Force label and arranged for it to be collected. Lets call that Parcel A.

When it arrived it arrived with a 2nd parcel, lets call it Parcel B.
Parcel A arrived fine with a label printed by the customer.
Parcel B has a label that's obviously been printed by the driver (looks more professional) but with the same details as the one I sent to to the customer, including their name as sender and my name as recipient.

Customer said they only sent 1 parcel. Parcel A.

From my experience drivers can provide labels to customers who can't label it themselves. So it appears he had a printed label meant for Parcel A and just put on Parcel B.

Called the depot and they haven't got a clue.
Its been a few days and its taking up space and inside are some laptops that look expensive. And they're labeled owned by "massive car company". Nothing else indicating original senders.

Do i just have to wait for the owner to chase them up or can i do something?

Soldato
Ring said car company, Explain that due to GDPR you know have details of customers and will not release them IF you get a free top of the range car ;)

Associate
I work for Parcelforce (not even a wind up). Can you PM me the tracking number. I'll contact the depot that originally collected the parcel + arrange for it to be collected from your address (probably tomorrow at this stage) 100% sure there will already be internal messages trying to locate it.

Caporegime
I work for Parcelforce (not even a wind up). Can you PM me the tracking number. I'll contact the depot that originally collected the parcel + arrange for it to be collected from your address (probably tomorrow at this stage) 100% sure there will already be internal messages trying to locate it.

For the ops sanity I'm sure he can just contact then directly?

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late response I thought the thread had died. But still have the parcel and had no contact regarding it.
The only tracking number is of the label I sent to a customer of ours. What has happened before is if the customer does not have a printer the Parcel force driver will label the parcel himself, it's on his system. But our customer had a printer and labelled their parcel.

My guess is the driver printed and put our label on his next collection by accident and I'm up 2 laptops.

Soldato
Have you not contacted the ‘massive car company’ yet?

Massive and all as they may be surely someone will be aware that some laptops are missing.

Grabbed the parcelforce driver and asked if he can remember who they are actually for?

Soldato
What has happened before is if the customer does not have a printer the Parcel force driver will label the parcel himself, it's on his system. But our customer had a printer and labelled their parcel.

Past experience usually dictates that even if I address it myself, the driver still brings a label and slaps it on rendering my efforts fruitless. This was City Link and DHL back in the day, Not had a parcel pickup for years.

Associate
OP
Past experience usually dictates that even if I address it myself, the driver still brings a label and slaps it on rendering my efforts fruitless. This was City Link and DHL back in the day, Not had a parcel pickup for years.
True but you'll still have the label that you stuck on, so i could have traced it through that.

I have contacted the car company using an online contact form as i ended up wasting too much time trying to get the right person on the phone. Still not heard back though.

Soldato
Thought someone replied above who worked for Parcelforce and was willing to check the system for you with the tracking number?

If the parcel has the wrong label on it then checking the tracking number wont help.
He already knows the name and address of the sender for the tracking number which is on the parcel.

Man of Honour
If the parcel has the wrong label on it then checking the tracking number wont help.
He already knows the name and address of the sender for the tracking number which is on the parcel.
It won't, but a bit of system interrogation with the addresses and relevant driver rounds will soon show some potential gaps and matches. With some detective work you can often trace it back to the root and find out where the rogue parcel came from.

*Source: I used to do this for a living

Soldato

With the dates and details it'll be fairly simple to track it all down from the Parcelforce side.

They have pickup and delivery routes/timetables and will be able to cross-reference pickups of a parcel that have been stated as not delivered to the correct address.

Back
Top Bottom