Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

FTM

FTM

Soldato
apparently there are 30 species of fish

I dont think I will play the 'game' and just live an alternative lifestyle as a woodsmen and hunter roaming the land!

Soldato
Why even bother with this post?.... You have basically done the same as the elitists but at the other end of the scale?! If someone has the power to play the game at 60fps in true 4k resolution let them say so. They have as much right to be like that as you are stating that you are only playing at 720p....

Because I find it odd how people moan about how unplayable something is just because it's not running at all these modes that most of us normal people don't have access to. It's perfectly playable for us. Choosing to not play a game just because it doesn't meet your required baseline seems a bit weird to me. If it's out at 30fps and looks as good as it does in the videos that are out now, what's the problem? I simply don't get it, that's all.

I also don't see how that makes me the same as an elitist but at the opposite end of the scale. Me saying I don't get the snobbery is a human thing, it has nothing to do with elitism (or its counterpart, whatever you'd term it).

UXB

UXB

Associate
Have you left your region as Indonesia or something? Are you sure it'll unlock in two hours? I'd have thought it won't until the UK Xbox stuff gets the unlock.

No i'm logged on my UK account, and the unlock countdown says 01:49:00 so hoping it will let me play :)

Soldato
Because I find it odd how people moan about how unplayable something is just because it's not running at all these modes that most of us normal people don't have access to. It's perfectly playable for us. Choosing to not play a game just because it doesn't meet your required baseline seems a bit weird to me. If it's out at 30fps and looks as good as it does in the videos that are out now, what's the problem? I simply don't get it, that's all.

I also don't see how that makes me the same as an elitist but at the opposite end of the scale. Me saying I don't get the snobbery is a human thing, it has nothing to do with elitism (or its counterpart, whatever you'd term it).

Here's my view on it: It's a massive game & supposed to be excellent. Chances are I'd only play through it once in life. At that point, why go into it and risk getting soured by technical issues rather than wait and play it in an optimal configuration? And it's not even out at 30fps, on the PS4 Pro, that's the issue, as well as being worse off visually due to the checkerboard(ish) rendering solution. It seems strange to call people elitists because they don't feel the same way about it as you do.

Soldato

But wouldnt you agree that if you were used to playing at 60fps and native 4k you would then wait the extra time to get that? I agree that people shouldnt be harsh on the 30fps thing but i can tell you that the difference of native 4k at 60fps vs upscaled 4k on 30fps is quite large and i can understand someone feeling like it was jarring playing at the lower fps.

Hence thats why you get the people that say "i cant play at 30fps". Its simply a choice to make the most of the hardware and technology someone has available. One thing is for sure, experiencing such a ground breaking game at native 4k and 60fps will be a superior way to do it, you cannot dispute that.

Soldato
But wouldnt you agree that if you were used to playing at 60fps and native 4k you would then wait the extra time to get that? I agree that people shouldnt be harsh on the 30fps thing but i can tell you that the difference of native 4k at 60fps vs upscaled 4k on 30fps is quite large and i can understand someone feeling like it was jarring playing at the lower fps.

Hence thats why you get the people that say "i cant play at 30fps". Its simply a choice to make the most of the hardware and technology someone has available. One thing is for sure, experiencing such a ground breaking game at native 4k and 60fps will be a superior way to do it, you cannot dispute that.

Tbh if I had an X1X I wouldn't mind it at all, I'd grab it now, but the PS4 Pro version is worse enough that it gave me pause.

Back
Top Bottom