**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Associate
I ordered mine earlier in the week for pick up at CPW today, went down there today to see if it was there....

After 20 mins of waiting for someone to even show up in the CPW section of Currys, they then disappeared for another 20 mins and the phone wasn't there, I inquired about when it will be here and she simply said we will txt when it comes in...

I'm reminded again why I never buy stuff from CPW, with customer service like this, I'm not surprised the high street is going out of business.

Soldato
I ordered mine earlier in the week for pick up at CPW today, went down there today to see if it was there....

After 20 mins of waiting for someone to even show up in the CPW section of Currys, they then disappeared for another 20 mins and the phone wasn't there, I inquired about when it will be here and she simply said we will txt when it comes in...

I'm reminded again why I never buy stuff from CPW, with customer service like this, I'm not surprised the high street is going out of business.

I find the cpw units that are inside Currys are pants. You are better dealing with a proper cpw shop. Sounds strange but think they operate differently.

Example cpw unit inside currys would not part ex (extra £200) a phone for a note 9 when they had a promotion on. I went to proper cpw down the road and they did it straight away.

Soldato
Received mine from O2, and similar to above no pre-fitted screen protector or protective case. Initial impressions are it looks and feels like an S9 , which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Love the red accent on the power button.

Oh and single sim.

Soldato
Got an email at 9:27am saying mine was ready in store. The store opened at 9:30am, so that's pretty prompt for a 6:30pm order last night!

All seems great so far :) Only one thing, I love the animations of the gestures when you go back to home screen for example, but in Nova it looks rather buggy :(

Soldato
Got an email at 9:27am saying mine was ready in store. The store opened at 9:30am, so that's pretty prompt for a 6:30pm order last night!

All seems great so far :) Only one thing, I love the animations of the gestures when you go back to home screen for example, but in Nova it looks rather buggy :(
Yeah it's only optimised for the default launcher.

Associate
Surprise surprise, even though they took the order and £200 upfront cost (for a lower monthly) mobiles.co.uk won't have green stock for 2 weeks. They didn't know how many they would receive from the supplier :confused: so couldn't forecast the amount required for the orders they took. However did have black in stock so will be delivered tomorrow instead. If that's the standard way the industry works then no wonder there's no trust, how can a shop or even reseller not have a clue how much stock they are receiving, rubbish.

Should have seen it coming to be honest, mobiles.co.uk is related to dixons carphone so should have thought about that more before placing the order. Imagine if 5000 people all pay upfront for preorders which then don't get delivered for 2 weeks, that's a lot of cash they're taking using for other purposes #dirtytactics.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Quite a heavy beast and not digging it that much so far to be honest. Usually I fiddle with a new phone for a good bit but this just doesn't seem so much of departure from the P20 Pro and I moved on from them.

Hard man to please I guess, or just looking for something a bit different. Mi Mix 3 is coming to the U.K in November it seems so maybe look into that.

Back
Top Bottom