McLaren Speedtail - spiritual successor to the F1

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned, it needs the aero covers for the rear wheels as well. I know it's a subjective thing but odd wheels is a look that never works for me.

This is how I'd prefer it.

xrPdOXV.jpg

Got a bit carried away in Photoshop, though...

WK9cY7C.jpg

Might as well go all in.

osjTuyu.jpg

"Yes, m'lady."

:D

Associate
Lashout you creative devil, that's absolutely spot on, please tweet that to McLaren I'm sure they'd appreciate it haha!

Soldato
The mock up with the covers all round is perfect. That’s how it should come!!

What’s impressive is the performance, nearly ten seconds quicker compared to a McLaren F1 0-186mph (12.8 v 22). That’s pretty incredible.

Don
Not sure about it, looks essentially to be a centre seat 720S, with a couple of electric motors and a battery added to the backend.

And what the hell is going on with the front wheels?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Definitely looks better in Lewis' photoshop with the wheel covers on both axles.

I'm not a fan of the front end much though. I don't really like this trend of making the headlights into narrow slits.

Caporegime
I love it. This is what happens when function beats form, it's not pretty but it's the engineering that's gone in to it that makes is so stunning.

As for the wheels, a set of Wolfrace alloys from Halfords will sort it, dunno what all the fuss is about.

Soldato
Looks like a Japanese version of an XJ220.
I was thinking this, definitely a very similar profile. The tech is massively impressive, but it's not a looker for me - even if it's nicer than the Senna! I bet it's amazing sitting in the interior though with the view you get from the centre mounted seat.

Not that I'd ever get the chance, but I'd chose the F1, P1 or 720S over either this or the Senna!

Back
Top Bottom