• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Bought me and the wife and XR 128gig each this morning one thing i will say the cases there selling are poor compared to the iphone 7 ones we had .bought a OtterBox Statement Series Case with Leather Accent for iPhone XR but was told i could bring it back in 14 days if i was happy with it . Feels like holding a brick atm why haven't apple released some the same as the Xs max etc ?
I genuinely think it’s because they changed it from iPhone 9 to XR at last minute and all the packaging had to be changed.

Man of Honour
I know the XS Max is not meant to be water proof, but 30mins 2m depth IP68 gotta be worth something ?, nah

In the keynote they showed some guy diving down to pickup phone from pool, they said no worries it will be fine

So on holiday I had been snorkeling around with a £10 soft waterproof case no issue.... worked great. My lad was snorkeling in pool and my case was in hotel room so I thought, what the heck, lets film him and just be careful. Phone took some splashes and accidental submersion, screen started flickering, went green, then powered off. After leaving to dry with SIM tray out for two days it would power up but only for a couple of mins. Face ID stopped working as Truedepth camera borked, all cameras misted.

Anyways, don't assume you can submerge phone... I guess there is variability in manufacture :)

I took to Apple and confessed, and on opening it was completely full of moisture / corrosion and was a write off. Apple Care replaced for me, but not after paying the £80 excess....

Last edited:
Soldato
I know the XS Max is not meant to be water proof, but 30mins 2m depth IP68 gotta be worth something ?, nah

In the keynote they showed some guy diving down to pickup phone from pool, they said no worries it will be fine

So on holiday I had been snorkeling around with a £10 soft waterproof case no issue.... worked great. My lad was snorkeling in pool and my case was in hotel room so I thought, what the heck, lets film him and just be careful. Phone took some splashes and accidental submersion, screen started flickering, went green, then powered off. After leaving to dry with SIM tray out for two days it would power up but only for a couple of mins. Face ID stopped working as Truedepth camera borked, all cameras misted.

Anyways, don't assume you can submerge phone... I guess there is variability in manufacture :)

I took to Apple and confessed, and on opening it was completely full of moisture / corrosion and was a write off. Apple Care replaced for me, but not after paying the £80 excess....
So it got wet and broke and they don't replace it if that happens? Suppose they can't gauge the depth or time it was under

Man of Honour
Any water damage and they won't replace it as it voids the warranty unless you have Apple Care +. I'm surprised that the phone died though.

Man of Honour
It did get a dunk, but only surface water... certainly not 2m for 30mins, we are talking 6 inches 2secs, that really makes it manufacture fault in my book

Thank god for Applecare+

Last edited:
Soldato

Happened to my 8plus after washing under a Tap. Luckily my bank insurance has covered it.
Ain’t trusting apples water resistance again for sure.
The spare S9 has been fine after numerous dunks

Associate
No it's awful.

[img/]

On mobilephonesdirect.co.uk - £450 cheaper over the 24 months and a lot more data, only downside is paying more up front. Unless you can get SIM only for £16 a month I don't think this can be beaten if you were to get a phone outright.

Half tempted myself.

Seriously, thanks for this link. Just got a 100GB deal on o2 for £65 a month. o2's prices, especially over 36 month are absolutely shocking.

Associate
I genuinely think it’s because they changed it from iPhone 9 to XR at last minute and all the packaging had to be changed.

Bought myself a Spigen ultra hybrid off prime yesterday just arrived so much better protection all around the screen and sides and not feeling like a brick in fact feels like the official iPhone case i had on my 7 , Feel a lot happier now :D

Caporegime
I got my bare naked case finally.... it’s minimal but I’m finding it quite slippery to hold.... are you guys finding the same ?
It is a bit slippery but I’m waiting on bare cases to get back to me as at the bottom of the case there is excess plastic that wasn’t trimmed. Also at the top left corner the seam between the 2 parts of the case is pretty rough.

Not happy after paying close £30 for a case that has QC issues. Let’s see what they say or do.

Otherwise love the case as it’s very minimal and shows the gold colour off to perfection.

Caporegime
Any luck?

I’ve noticed this with my Xs, but also my MBP since upgrading to Mojave.

I thought it was my Plusnet router, but maybe not…

I haven’t had a chance to look into it, at the moment in Abu Dhabi with the missus on a week long holiday. Will have to have a look when I get back next week.

Store pickup became available for non-preorders yesterday, so I grabbed an XR to replace my launch day iPhone 6.

It's fast, but I'm missing Touch ID!

At first that’s what I felt when I got my xs but you soon stop missing it. I’ll go as far as to say that I prefer Face ID over Touch ID. I always had issues with Touch ID ie sometimes it would work and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn’t. Face ID works every single time even with me just waking up lol. And it’s super quick as well.

Soldato
It is a bit slippery but I’m waiting on bare cases to get back to me as at the bottom of the case there is excess plastic that wasn’t trimmed. Also at the top left corner the seam between the 2 parts of the case is pretty rough.

Not happy after paying close £30 for a case that has QC issues. Let’s see what they say or do.

Otherwise love the case as it’s very minimal and shows the gold colour off to perfection.

Get the clear esr one for £8. Far superior to the bare cases. You know they lose their shape after three months. Dire quality for £30

Back
Top Bottom