• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RADEON VEGA 56 ONLY £349.99 WITH THREE FREE GAMES!! *****

Associate
How do you go about that in Wattman? I have only ever used Afterburner.

Tia
It's actually in the AMD settings, icon is on the bottom right of screen and in there somewhere

without going too far off topic...
has anyone actually got assassins creed odyssey working smoothly cos buggered if I can, tested this card with my games back catalogue and everything I try runs great at high or ultra but this sodding game continues to freeze / crash randomly even when I reset the card to completely stock and take off the ryzen overclock as well
I've lost my 2FA stuff and trying to get hold of customer services is nigh on impossible. I was gonna have a look at mine to see if I had any problems. Sorry though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
has anyone actually got assassins creed odyssey working smoothly cos buggered if I can, tested this card with my games back catalogue and everything I try runs great at high or ultra but this sodding game continues to freeze / crash randomly even when I reset the card to completely stock and take off the ryzen overclock as well

It's not Vega 56, but on my Vega 64 I've got it running really well (i.e. in freesync range, 45-75Hz for me) at no less than 3440x1440. You've left out anything specwise about your system though, so all and any advice might be moot here ... I only turned down a few settings from maximum:

Display
Resolution Modifier 100%
Field of View 100%
FPS Limit off

Graphics

General

Adaptive Quality Off
Anti-Aliasing Medium
Shadows Ultra-High

Environment
Environment Details Ultra High
Texture Detail High
Terrain High
Clutter Very High
Fog Medium
Water Very High
Screen Space Reflections High
Volumetric Clouds Very High

Characters
Texture Detail High
Character Ultra High

Postprocessing
Ambient Occlusion High
Depth of Field High

Associate
Also tried to flash the bios. I've read some one on here bricked their red dragon with a red devil 64 bios. I have tried the Nitro + 64 bios which I read works, and also the standard amd LC vega 64 bios as apparently that works on all air cooled cards but I get the error system mismatch ID warning with both .

Associate
Also tried to flash the bios. I've read some one on here bricked their red dragon with a red devil 64 bios. I have tried the Nitro + 64 bios which I read works, and also the standard amd LC vega 64 bios as apparently that works on all air cooled cards but I get the error system mismatch ID warning with both .
i read if you have hynix memory,you can not flash to a v64 bios, so decided not to flash my bios, i have my stable oc now at hbm 945mhz. 950mv. core at frequency %3, stage 6 1050mv,stage 7 1080mv. important target temp to 62 max 80. just drop your fan rpm to 2100, when my hbm was at 950mhz i was getting artifacts,that's why i dropped it back to 945mhz.

Associate
i read if you have hynix memory,you can not flash to a v64 bios, so decided not to flash my bios, i have my stable oc now at hbm 945mhz. 950mv. core at frequency %3, stage 6 1050mv,stage 7 1080mv. important target temp to 62 max 80. just drop your fan rpm to 2100, when my hbm was at 950mhz i was getting artifacts,that's why i dropped it back to 945mhz.
I've got Samsung stuff in mine

Associate
samsung is supposed to be better than hynix at overclocking. still happy with my card, when benched it matches a stock vega 64
Yeh, well my mem is at 950mhz , i just want more!!!!

Playing my vega 56 @ 1440p, game performance is 79fps max, 36 min 57 avg. Had it crash a couple of times. But it's a new game so will have a few patches I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Selling the games on !

Guys, can anyone advise me in regards to this ? I have no interest in the games whatsoever - What do I sell on ? The code I was emailed ? Or do I log in, and then get the individual game codes to sell on ?

I was hoping to recoup something from the games to offset against the card....

Thanks.

Vinny.

I don’t believe you can sell these on bud.

Associate
Thanks guys !

I don't know what to do with them to be honest - Was hoping to offset some of the cost, but that doesn't look like it's gonna be possible, frustratingly.

Some said you can move on the codes as long as the system they are being installed on, has an AMD product.

The reality is, I don't think it's worth the hassle - So looks like I'll have to keep em.

Vinny.

Associate
It's a brilliant card.

I'm really happy with mine - It really is not very loud at all as long as the fans aren't spinning up to 100%, which with a decent fan profile they won't be.

I was in two minds for so long, but this is most definitely a great purchase, as I've said I'm really happy.

Vinny.

Soldato
Thinking of picking one of these up as it seems a great deal for 1440p... my only concern is quietness, what's it like?

Super quiet (quieter than my MSI R290), especially if you're using chill or framerate limitations. In fact, the fans stop if the card is not active, and the heatsink is so honkingly big that if you have any sort of sensible airflow in your case, it'll will passively cool unless you are gaming. There's also a silent BIOS you can switch too if you want it pretty much silent even when gaming, and are willing to sacrifice a little performance.

Soldato
Really tempting to pick this up in the morning? I've got good air flow throughout the case, Corsair 500D with be quiet! 3x Silent Wings 3 High Speed fans stuck on the front of the case.

Do I need to do any tweaks... or is it plug and play?

@Gibbo - How long are these on offer?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom