Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
The game would lose most of its value if you just railed through the missions, I don’t think I’ll complete the storyline for a while yet.

Are they working on additional content for this over the years like they did with GTA?

GTA5 didnt get any DLC content, they canned it as multiplayer made so much money.

Soldato
Yes please mate, is the input one just as simple as switching the icon from game console to PC for that input?

Just tried the settings above and it’s not letting me change some of them in cinema home.

Forgot to add set hdr calibration to 500 in game once set up. I see you've sorted the label issue.

Soldato
So what do you guys think of the actual game then? 90% of comments is about visuals and animations. I hope you brought to play the game and not just wanting something pretty. :)

Soldato
For those talking about additional content they admitted cutting 5-6 hours of content which was based around a romantic interest for Arthur.

Not sure why they cut it but that could always be added.

Soldato
I am ok with the content been cut providing it is available as DLC later, so all the preorder stuff and special edition stuff it it shows up as DLC fine, but if it stays exclusive that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Its basically the best horse in the game, best outfit, weapons, and some quests. It is a practice I will never support. But I am an old school gamer who believes when you buy a game it should be feature complete.

A good test I apply when judging a game is if you pretend the game is at half resolution, no lighting affects etc. cartoony, would you still enjoy the game? if yes then the game is legitimately good, if no then you just like the visuals and not the game.

Soldato
locked to 30.

I am hoping if you play at 1440p or 1080p on the ps4 pro, it is a solid 30fps no fluctuations, sadly digitalfoundry didnt deem to test that configuration.

Soldato
I am ok with the content been cut providing it is available as DLC later, so all the preorder stuff and special edition stuff it it shows up as DLC fine, but if it stays exclusive that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Its basically the best horse in the game, best outfit, weapons, and some quests. It is a practice I will never support. But I am an old school gamer who believes when you buy a game it should be feature complete.

A good test I apply when judging a game is if you pretend the game is at half resolution, no lighting affects etc. cartoony, would you still enjoy the game? if yes then the game is legitimately good, if no then you just like the visuals and not the game.

I agree in part but some games (such as this one) are enhanced by visuals. By that I mean if it was **** graphics the travelling in this game would be an irritating chore. With the beautiful visuals it's at times almost a cinematic experience and it is truly a viewing pleasure (at least in my opinion) to enjoy a long journey just listening to them chatting and admiring the beautiful visuals.

I would play this without visuals but it's much better with them.

Soldato
locked to 30.

I am hoping if you play at 1440p or 1080p on the ps4 pro, it is a solid 30fps no fluctuations, sadly digitalfoundry didnt deem to test that configuration.

Ah ok thank you. Im soo tempted to buy an X for this. Although i'll be hooking it up to my Acer x34. (I know i'll have black bars)

Soldato
I agree in part but some games (such as this one) are enhanced by visuals. By that I mean if it was **** graphics the travelling in this game would be an irritating chore. With the beautiful visuals it's at times almost a cinematic experience and it is truly a viewing pleasure (at least in my opinion) to enjoy a long journey just listening to them chatting and admiring the beautiful visuals.

I would play this without visuals but it's much better with them.

Thats the way I see it, enhanced visuals enhance a game, but if a game is only good because of the visuals its not a good game. So I think we agree. I agree that it especially makes parts of the game where you just travelling more enjoyable.

Soldato
No idea what people are doing with tv settings etc but on my LG B6 in HDR Game mode I have no issues with a washed out picture or anything tbh. It looks stunning.....

I’m pretty sure most issues with this game are either a TV’s poor HDR implementation or bad settings tbh.

Pic taken with iPad...

e7ysf6.jpg

Caporegime
So what do you guys think of the actual game then? 90% of comments is about visuals and animations. I hope you brought to play the game and not just wanting something pretty. :)

It's not without a couple of issues, the standard Rockstar gunplay isn't amazing but it's OK.

The depth of the game is incredible, it really does feel immersive. All in all it's outstanding so far.

Soldato

Clunky but good. The controls are awful and shooting leaves a lot to be desired. The story and voice acting are superb.

I think anyway you look at it this was meant to be Visuals over Gameplay tbh....

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a random enounter of a injured man on a horse who fell off it. Delivered him to a Doctor and now I'm watching the Dr amputate his arm. :eek:

Soldato
No idea what people are doing with tv settings etc but on my LG B6 in HDR Game mode I have no issues with a washed out picture or anything tbh. It looks stunning.....

I’m pretty sure most issues with this game are either a TV’s poor HDR implementation or bad settings tbh.

Pic taken with iPad...

Do you mind posting your HDR game mode settings or PM me them, B6 here as well, wouldn't mind comparing them.

Caporegime

The movement and shooting absolutely suck. So, so awful. I can't believe the devs tested it and thought it was okay. If it had the movement and aiming of God of War, it'd be perfect.

Apart from that, it's incredible.

Soldato
Was there a particular video guide you used for this? Was it relatively simple to clean? I've got a controller with a faulty left stick...

Nah it's pretty easy. Take the 4 screws off the back then it pries apart, careful with the triggers. One ribbon cable connects the two halves and it's easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Took 5 minutes. Contact spray is magic stuff, I used the WD-40 brand.

Soldato

Pic taken with iPad...

e7ysf6.jpg

I've got a c7 55LG OLED, game mode looks worse than what can be achieved in other modes (settings are greyed out in game mode so are limited)

The idea of game mode is everything is disabled to reduce input lag, yet you've essentially ruined game mode by turning on all the things that increase input lag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom