Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I've got a c7 55LG OLED, game mode looks worse than what can be achieved in other modes (settings are greyed out in game mode so are limited)

The idea of game mode is everything is disabled to reduce input lag, yet you've essentially ruined game mode by turning on all the things that increase input lag.

j91s0h.jpg

I have all processing turned off. I don’t notice any input lag on my B6. Game mode looks great to me. I don’t have any greyed out settings maybe they have changed something for the newer models ?

Associate
How long does the initial training period last? I've just done the bit where you have to ride for ages and kill some deer with a bow & arrow, then ride for ages again. Sooo tedious. About 30 minutes which felt like hell.
I know from previous experience of RDR1/GTA I have to go through this but does it drag on for much longer in RDR2?

Soldato
How long does the initial training period last? I've just done the bit where you have to ride for ages and kill some deer with a bow & arrow, then ride for ages again. Sooo tedious. About 30 minutes which felt like hell.
I know from previous experience of RDR1/GTA I have to go through this but does it drag on for much longer in RDR2?

About an hour and a half ish.....

Soldato
Spoke too soon, played all the way through the bloody tedious mountain walking section, got to the wolves, and I can't shoot...again.

On the verge of just selling it on tbh, got plenty of other stuff to play and I'm damned if I'm buying a new controller for just one game.

Caporegime
Agreed, I was using game mode and I’ve just switched to the settings SS-89 provided. Not only does it look more natural it seems to have reduced input lag on top of it.

Yup, similar settings to me except I'm using technicolor preset.

Can't say I noticed much difference with changing the input mode to PC mode though (I already had all the post processing stuff off before hand though)

Associate
Slightly off topic but in my experience hdr can vary massively from set to set, on an entry level set it isn't as good or as well implemented as on flagship set/range for example.

My 65DX902B Panasonic has been isf calibrated by the editor of HDTV test and whilst the set looked good before calibration the after results are so much better. Much more natural but with loads of pop on all content, hdr stuff looks fab. When I flip the settings to how they were originally were, everything looks green, although I'd not noticed that before.

Loving the game so far, slow paced but I like that as I want it to last.

Soldato
j91s0h.jpg

I have all processing turned off. I don’t notice any input lag on my B6. Game mode looks great to me. I don’t have any greyed out settings maybe they have changed something for the newer models ?

Gamma is greyed out, there are items greyed out in your pics as well. If you want the screen looking that vibrant, you might as well fine tune one of the other modes as your essentially ruining what game mode is all about.

Soldato
Gamma is greyed out, there are items greyed out in your pics as well. If you want the screen looking that vibrant, you might as well fine tune one of the other modes as your essentially ruining what game mode is all about.

Not really sure what you are on about tbh. Game mode disables the processing and reduces input lag it has nothing to do with vibrancy and as mentioned mine is not vibrant at all when seen in person it’s actually very muted. My pictures were taken from an iPad and uploaded to tinypic both correct/Enhance the image somewhat.

My TV is also nearly 2 years old so will be set differently to a newer set.

Gamma is greyed out on mine too did not notice that.

Soldato
Managed to complete the mission with the wolves.

Now back at the camp, I'm stuck again. Says I need to talk to people. I walk up to them, pull left trigger like it says, the L2 Icon in the bottom right lights up....but nothing else. No way to interact with anyone.

What a load of absolute toss, will flog it someone at work. Back to AC Odyssey for me.

Soldato
Managed to complete the mission with the wolves.

Now back at the camp, I'm stuck again. Says I need to talk to people. I walk up to them, pull left trigger like it says, the L2 Icon in the bottom right lights up....but nothing else. No way to interact with anyone.

What a load of absolute toss, will flog it someone at work. Back to AC Odyssey for me.

Have you tried a different controller ? Was playing about on PS4 Pro yesterday and did not have any issues with controls other than the usual clunky and slowness.

Associate
Need to remember to manually save often. Picked up a hitchhiker who proceeded to steal my horse. Shot him down but also ended up shooting my horse and there was no option to revive it. Over an hour's gameplay lost when going back to the last save!

Soldato
Need to remember to manually save often. Picked up a hitchhiker who proceeded to steal my horse. Shot him down but also ended up shooting my horse and there was no option to revive it. Over an hour's gameplay lost when going back to the last save!
Happened to me but did not kill horse just the man, stated saving just in case after that.

Back
Top Bottom