Soldato
Can anyone tell me if I connect all my fans into the fans hub then connect the 4 pin connector into an Aquaero 6, will it work ok as it would save me a ton of difficult cabling in the very tight space that I already have to use as well as not having to use fan software other than my Aquasuite which I am very happy with. I am already having to not use my Farbwerk for the leds and use Aura software- which is a bit of a pest as it doesnt seem to like me in a previous build as well!

That should be fine.

Associate
Some people were waiting for it. For me his reviews are meh... But there you go.

- front panel is not restrictive
- front filter is, which might be combination of the filter and weak fans, he says, but there is no comparison to good fans so..
- vertical mounting gpu actually reduces temp for the card, which is good for those who want to use riser cable
- he didn't test top panel off, so assumption is..all good?
- he tested dual system for those who are interested in this option, he kinda complains about little space for the secondary system (therefore he only had space for small cooler, temps were not the best), but then again he installs big chunky heatsink on the main cpu instead of AIO with rad mounted in the front...
- as usuall, placed on the comparison charts with cases that have 1-4 fans, which is very "reliable" comparison of the chassis itself.

Overall temps are good, better than he expected.

Soldato
Was waiting on GNs review to get their take on the case, but no real surprises with the review.

For me it down to the better cooling performance of a CM H500M vs better looks of the Evolv X.

I'm assuming that adding an extra 140mm fan to the front of the Evolv X would help with the thermals or should I be looking to replace all of the front fans with ones with better static pressure?

Associate
Was waiting on GNs review to get their take on the case, but no real surprises with the review.

For me it down to the better cooling performance of a CM H500M vs better looks of the Evolv X.

I'm assuming that adding an extra 140mm fan to the front of the Evolv X would help with the thermals or should I be looking to replace all of the front fans with ones with better static pressure?
Other people who are more knowledgeable than me regarding fans (on overclock.net forums) state that those fans are actually good all round fans (including rads). So not quite sure if replacing them would help a lot. Adding extra one would definitely improve imo.

I mean CM H500M has 2x200mm fans in the front, so it is not a real comparison of a "case" (just out of the box setup). If there was comparison that would use the same fans, this would show us which case has better cooling performance, and not which fans push more air:) Unfortunately nobody is doing stuff like this:/

Soldato
Other people who are more knowledgeable than me regarding fans (on overclock.net forums) state that those fans are actually good all round fans (including rads). So not quite sure if replacing them would help a lot. Adding extra one would definitely improve imo.

I mean CM H500M has 2x200mm fans in the front, so it is not a real comparison of a "case" (just out of the box setup). If there was comparison that would use the same fans, this would show us which case has better cooling performance, and not which fans push more air:) Unfortunately nobody is doing stuff like this:/

I was thinking of moving the installed rear fan to the front and then adding a higher AF lower SP fan to to the rear, something like a PH-F140XP.

Associate
Found another video this morning with the Evolve X and sadly looks like you can't fit 2x360mm rads when they are both 60mm as you can't fit the fans onto the top radiator.
But this was known from the specs which say 65mm (together with fans).

Associate
It was, my fault for not going direct to Phanteks site to get the spec and looking purely at Youtube videos, I could make it work but I'd have to downsize of my Mayhem havocs from a 360mm to a 240 to put in the top.
Don’t you need like very high fan speed to keep them cool? I’m interested , as thickest I’ve used was EK CE and it was boiling at low speed

Soldato
Don’t you need like very high fan speed to keep them cool? I’m interested , as thickest I’ve used was EK CE and it was boiling at low speed

Nope how their designed you can use low fan speed, I've currently got 3x 360mm (overkill I know) and all the fans on them currently run around 700rpm.

Soldato
I was excited for this case as a replacement for my primo. But then I watched some reviews and realised that its not actually all that exciting afterall.

I cleaned my primo today and I was reminded of how well put together it is. Unfortunately it is ridiculously big :( however I dont think the Evolv justifies the £200 price tag.

The Primo cost me £160 about 2-3years ago and I think its far better value than Phanteks current offering.

Soldato
The primo was to big for my needs,it's a good case and I replaced it with the old evolv and then the corsair 570x came out but my rig was cramped in it when I built it and with luck the evolv x turned up with everything I needed in a case.

Associate
Does anyone have this is sayin black that they can take pictures off? I'm thinking of getting the case but can't quite make up my mind. Also the led strip on the case can you change the colour?

Soldato
I have the black it's very nice had the grey one in the older model which is also very good looking.
Will try and get some pics up later as I'm looking after my grandson.
Yes you can change the led colours there are buttons on the front panel to do this all you need to do is connect the led sata cable and your good to go,if you have a 3 pin rgb header on your motherboard you can sync the colours up to the led.

Back
Top Bottom