**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Associate
This has been fixed in firmware .122

the reviewer handsets all have .122 update, hence why they have Performance Mode Toggle, .108 doesn't.

just an FYI to all, Wifi Calling works differently than on Samsung's, it only comes on when there is no Signal, i think its a Huawei thing

My Note 9 used to be on all the time at home and work (within wifi coverage), doesn't come on when at work now as i have full signal but comes on at home as i have poor signal. - unless an update changes this!

Hopefully the .122 comes the Sim Free models very soon.

Soldato
On the phone to EE, I'll be getting a replacement handset tomorrow as top and bottom right hand corners of the screen have uniformaty issue, whitish glow. Left side is much better.

Ive also been having a few software crashes. I'll see how the new one fares.

z9ggdVP.jpg

qqM2d4B.jpg

rtsP7ON.jpg

Seeing how the Pixel 3 and OP6T are a little disappointing I'll be keeping the Mate 20 Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the phone to EE, I'll be getting a replacement handset tomorrow as top and bottom right hand corners of the screen have uniformaty issue, whitish glow. Left side is much better.

See how the Pixel 3 and OP6T are a little disappointing I'll be keeping the Mate 20 Pro.

Hopefully no issues with your replacement device dude.

I got my Mate 20 Pro today, just been setting it up and my best assessment of the device is the S9+ and P20 Pro mated and created a beautiful monster.

This is much faster and slicker than the Note 9 that I had, so glad I switched. In the short period I had the P20 Pro I regretted selling it and this does make up for it.

The speaker inside the usb port actually helps produce more bass which is interesting.

Soldato
Hopefully no issues with your replacement device dude.

I got my Mate 20 Pro today, just been setting it up and my best assessment of the device is the S9+ and P20 Pro mated and created a beautiful monster.

This is much faster and slicker than the Note 9 that I had, so glad I switched. In the short period I had the P20 Pro I regretted selling it and this does make up for it.

The speaker inside the usb port actually helps produce more bass which is interesting.

Yeah hope so. Takes ages to setup a new phone to my settings :o.

Which colour did you go for?

Yeah it's a great looking device, mega fast. I personally think Huawei outdid the Note 9 this year in nearly all aspects.

Soldato
Yeah hope so. Takes ages to setup a new phone to my settings :o.

Which colour did you go for?

Yeah it's a great looking device, mega fast. I personally think Huawei outdid the Note 9 this year in nearly all aspects.

Tell me about it, been sorting this out for the last 2 hours, but it's worth it :)

I went for the black one personally, but I'll be applying a dbrand once they release skins for this device.

Got a Tozo case sat on my desk at work which I can fit tomorrow which should do me over for the time being, but I will pick up the same case you have as well as a few Spigens once they are released.

I have to agree with the Note 9 comment, although I think the screen is ever so slightly better on the Note 9, but can't expect anyone to beat them in that area really.

Associate
What issues are you having?

My notifications are being "weird". For example, Amazon app, I didn't get any notifications about my deliveries, despite notifications being on in app and in settings, then when I opened the app, the notifications appeared.

Looked into this issue and apparently its related to the Doze implantation. If you disable Doze via ADB, then notifications start behaving as expected.

Soldato
Ordered from Three and hoping to get delivered on fri... I really wanted the dual sim phone and had no choice but to order from Three.

Will cancel the SIM asap and pay the fee. Hopefully it will work out as the same price as the sim free handset price.
Did you manage to cancel the contract and pay the fee? Did it work out cheaper?

Soldato

z9ggdVP.jpg

qqM2d4B.jpg

rtsP7ON.jpg

Seeing how the Pixel 3 and OP6T are a little disappointing I'll be keeping the Mate 20 Pro.
Same reports on xda too, happening in some handsets. Hope you get your replacement quickly.

Associate
Lack on AOD notifications is annoying, no WhatsApp & Twitter notifications & I cannot change the LED colour, I have tried Light manger & Light Flow.

Any ideas on these issues?

Associate
What's the best way to check the screen, seems to look ok but i'm assuming best is to generate a dark grey background, want to check mine. Ta

Soldato
No issues on my screen, CPW batch.

Also just popped a Vodafone sim in there and it triggered the update to 122.

Phone feels even more snappier, face unlock is quicker and FPS seems to register quicker too.

Soldato
No issues on my screen, CPW batch.

Also just popped a Vodafone sim in there and it triggered the update to 122.

Phone feels even more snappier, face unlock is quicker and FPS seems to register quicker too.

That's good. I have another handset on the way for tomorrow, I kept the headphone dongle :D
What's the best way to check the screen, seems to look ok but i'm assuming best is to generate a dark grey background, want to check mine. Ta

Yes grey background should do. Easier to see in a low lit room. If you know what you're looking for will be apparent in most scenarios..

Back
Top Bottom