Upgrade Advice £1000-£1200 budget

Soldato
Hi folks,

Looking to upgrade from an 2500k system currently gaming on a 1080p monitor also looking to keep current Cosair cx650 as it's only a couple of months old.

Needs are: cpu, mobo, ram, ssd, hdd, gfx + case and any associated cooling.

I'm thinking Ryzen but I haven't had an AMD since the days of my Althon Xp's and thunderbirds!

Looking to run some of the latest games at a decent level and hopefully have an upgrade path for the future.

Your help and guidance is much appreciated!

Soldato
Hi folks,

Looking to upgrade from an 2500k system currently gaming on a 1080p monitor also looking to keep current Cosair cx650 as it's only a couple of months old.

Needs are: cpu, mobo, ram, ssd, hdd, gfx + case and any associated cooling.

I'm thinking Ryzen but I haven't had an AMD since the days of my Althon Xp's and thunderbirds!

Looking to run some of the latest games at a decent level and hopefully have an upgrade path for the future.

Your help and guidance is much appreciated!

Easiest option , would be to slap in an i7 K chip second hand, add more ram if your not on 16GB, upgrade the card and use the rest on the monitor :)

Intel will always be faster at 1080p then AMD - unless AMD can catch up with clock speed with Zen2 or 3 . BUT, they are so much cheaper then Intel .

You looking for full sized ATX board or mini system ?

Also, what's your current GPU ? And screen

Soldato
OP
Full size is my preference, current gpu is a 480 gtx (thus the shame in not mentioning it..). To be honest a new monitor will probably be next after this probably 1440p.

Soldato
Full size is my preference, current gpu is a 480 gtx (thus the shame in not mentioning it..). To be honest a new monitor will probably be next after this probably 1440p.

4 flavours

Back
Top Bottom