Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 6th November 2018]

Caporegime
You've faced 3 of the top 6 of which 2 were at home and 1 away, compared to our 4 of which 3 were away from home. And as omnom says, our fixtures have been played around games vs PSG, Napoli and Chelsea in cup games, not pub teams.

Having a new manager has no bearing on the quality of team you've faced so far.
That sounds like a dig at us being in the Europa league.

Soldato
You've faced 3 of the top 6 of which 2 were at home and 1 away, compared to our 4 of which 3 were away from home. And as omnom says, our fixtures have been played around games vs PSG, Napoli and Chelsea in cup games, not pub teams.

Having a new manager has no bearing on the quality of team you've faced so far.
but it has overal quality of how hard or easy clubs start has been and when you factor in our **** poor finish last season and a new set of players, managers and tactics, for us to be a few points behind CL runners up is sensational

Don
That sounds like a dig at us being in the Europa league.
Correct.
but it has overal quality of how hard or easy clubs start has been and when you factor in our **** poor finish last season and a new set of players, managers and tactics, for us to be a few points behind CL runners up is sensational
I didn't comment on how well Arsenal may or may not have done. I commented on the difficulty of fixtures Liverpool have faced relative to the other top 6 sides. We've played 4 games vs the other top 6 teams and 3 of those have been away from home - Utd have only played 2 games vs the top 6, Chelsea 3 but all at home, Arsenal and Spurs 3 with 2 at home and City 3, all away.

You're right though, for Arsenal to be 4 points behind Liverpool, despite playing easier fixtures, is an achievement all things considered.

Don
I never had a dig at Liverpool when they were in it and we were in the champions league year after year. You still sound extremely bitter about yesterdays game, as if you had a right to win it and we should have just rolled over.
Bitter? I was talking exclusively about Liverpool and had no interest in discussing Arsenal before jonney replied to me.

I couldn't care less whether you commented on Liverpool in the Europa League. Jonney wanted to debate the difficulty of Arsenal's start to the season and as I said, Liverpool have not only faced the harder games in the PL but they've also faced top class sides in Cup game too, not pub teams.

Associate
Compare Arsenal's performances against the so-called 'mid table' teams this season compared to last year, particularly in away matches and it soon becomes obvious why Arsenal fans have a renewed sense of optimism

Caporegime
Still compared to last season under Wenger and before that, how many times did we roll over and get beaten by lower end teams and then getting smashed by the top sides??
Too many to mention. But for people to say that having a new manager has no bearing on the quality of teams we have played is just pure lols in all honesty. How would be doing under Wenger?? I imagine a lot worse than what we are doing.

Last night showed that we aren’t a team to roll over like previous seasons. Of course I’m chuffed with the draw last night, it could have been a spanking by all accounts as Liverpool have a good team and Klopp unlike Emery has had a few seasons to make his mark on the team ;). I’m sure next season and maybe beyond, Emery will get us to very best.

Soldato
Still compared to last season under Wenger and before that, how many times did we roll over and get beaten by lower end teams and then getting smashed by the top sides??
Too many to mention. But for people to say that having a new manager has no bearing on the quality of teams we have played is just pure lols in all honesty. How would be doing under Wenger?? I imagine a lot worse than what we are doing.

Last night showed that we aren’t a team to roll over like previous seasons. Of course I’m chuffed with the draw last night, it could have been a spanking by all accounts as Liverpool have a good team and Klopp unlike Emery has had a few seasons to make his mark on the team ;). I’m sure next season and maybe beyond, Emery will get us to very best.
Exactly my point.i feel arsenal have had a impressive start so far.

Don't forget Liverpool are one of the best sides in the whole of eurooe and to get a point out of them under a New manager and a few sets ot New player's on top of a vsrv bad season

Man of Honour
Man Citys insane goal difference is going to be like 30+ by the end of today. Ridiculous goal difference after 11 games. Cannot see anyone finishing above City again this year, the ease with which they just brush one team after another aside is nuts. If you are Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal, you hope you will get the 3pts, its like at City, you know you will get the 3pts.

Caporegime
Southampton are dross, this was always going to be at least 4, potentially 6/7. I'd be embarrassed if I was City that they actually scored, isn't that their first league goal in 400 odd minutes or something ridiculous?

Chelsea very sloppy in their game so far.

Back
Top Bottom