Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
You've still got a while to go then tbh, it gets quite interesting in chapter 5.

I've still got all of the Exotics to collect, 8 more challenges and I also need to finish the Hunting challenges which starts from the post office in Valentine.

The challenges are a proper pain though. Rob a total of $50 from people is annoying, considering they only give you around 50c at a time!

maybe I'll grind it out a bit more then Gee.
hunting challenges? I seem to have missed those!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
You're missing out. I think 90% of my enjoyment from the story of this game came from knowing the story of the first!
This is the annoyance for me. I read somewhere that this was a 'different story' set in the same universe so assumed I didnt need to play rdr1. Not once did I hear it being labelled a prequel.
Even more annoyed that I had started the PSNow version a while back and just chucked it because of the low fps. I woulda stuck with it if I'd known how the two were related.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
maybe I'll grind it out a bit more then Gee.
hunting challenges? I seem to have missed those!

Yeah it's for some woman, pretty certain the first part starts at the post office/train station in valentine. It's a poster on the noticeboard.

It's quite the task though, you have to get perfect carcasses from various small animals; squirrel, rabbit, robins, chipmunks etc. I must've spent a good 45 minutes looking for a Woodpecker!

https://rdr2map.com?locationIds=592

Soldato
Yeah it's for some woman, pretty certain the first part starts at the post office/train station in valentine. It's a poster on the noticeboard.

It's quite the task though, you have to get perfect carcasses from various small animals; squirrel, rabbit, robins, chipmunks etc. I must've spent a good 45 minutes looking for a Woodpecker!

https://rdr2map.com?locationIds=592

ooooooo nice, i'll check it out
Cheers

Soldato
This is the annoyance for me. I read somewhere that this was a 'different story' set in the same universe so assumed I didnt need to play rdr1. Not once did I hear it being labelled a prequel.
Even more annoyed that I had started the PSNow version a while back and just chucked it because of the low fps. I woulda stuck with it if I'd known how the two were related.

This is set before Red Dead 1. All you really need to know is John Marston is the main character from Red Dead 1. Red Dead 1 follows on from Red dead 2..... lol

Gee

Gee

Soldato

It's been labelled as a prequel since like 2016 lmao

D3K

D3K

Soldato
This is set before Red Dead 1. All you really need to know is John Marston is the main character from Red Dead 1. Red Dead 1 follows on from Red dead 2..... lol
It would've helped in appreciating the characters of Dutch, Bill, John, Uncle, and Jack, and whoever else was name dropped / cameo'd. It would've also made the last 2 chapters mean something other than feeling like a complete waste of time, bar the last mission.
It's been labelled as a prequel since like 2016 lmao
I didn't read much about it tbh, I've only this month become a PS4 peasant casual.

Soldato
8/10 it's not a masterpiece imo but a good game overall.

Plenty of good but also plenty of flaws. I'd suggest watching some streams (not gameplay vids which condense action into short videos) to get an actual feel for the pace of the game.

Associate
Got Chapter 5 done and I don't feel its as bad as others have made out. Dutch is starting to really annoy me though and I would have happily left him ages ago.

Soldato
Struggling with it myself, but I think that's more to do with the type of game I like than the game itself.

I just can't be bothered with the whole, make sure you eat otherwise you lose weight, bring me this and this material and I will craft this for you etc.

It's not my idea of fun in a game but sadly a lot of single player games seem to go down this route.

I want sexy graphics and fun gameplay, I don't wanna be spending an hour finding a certain type of leaf so someone can craft a weapon for me.

I don't recall GTA5 being like this?

Soldato
Struggling with it myself, but I think that's more to do with the type of game I like than the game itself.

I just can't be bothered with the whole, make sure you eat otherwise you lose weight, bring me this and this material and I will craft this for you etc.

It's not my idea of fun in a game but sadly a lot of single player games seem to go down this route.

I want sexy graphics and fun gameplay, I don't wanna be spending an hour finding a certain type of leaf so someone can craft a weapon for me.

I don't recall GTA5 being like this?

You are not forced into any of that though unless you are chasing 100% completion or achievements

Soldato
You are not forced into any of that though unless you are chasing 100% completion or achievements

Do you not run out of room in your satchel quicker as you progress and then require crafting bigger satchels?

I have a question about stocking the camp with food ,
is this my responsibility, I don't like having to hunt for the camp all the time, I have just been using the ledger to restock the food but Im not sure if I can keep doing that.

Back
Top Bottom