Rooney to return for England

Associate
I've just read an article about Wayne Rooney returning to the England team as a one-off for the friendly against the USA at Wembley.

This is being spun as an opportunity for the fans to say goodbye to him properly, but I can't help thinking it's a cynical attempt by the FA to drum up some interest in the match from America by using a player currently featuring in the MLS.

Rooney hasn't played for England for 2 years now, and won't be a member of future squads. Surely a better option would be to use the friendly to give one of our younger strikers some game time. If they wanted to be sentimental about Rooney, what's wrong with a half time presentation?

Caporegime
There'd be more interest if we called up One Direction. I hope it's only a one off and not an attempt to bring him back.

The reason he's been quite decent in MLS is because DC United quickly realised that he's hopeless in midfield and moved him up top, that and MLS defences aren't exactly solid.

Soldato
Pathetic attempt by the FA to drum up interest in a friendly, I have found myself having less and less interest in football these days and this is one of the reasons.

Back
Top Bottom