*** League of Legends ***

Associate
I've just given this a quick go in the last few days and it's surprisingly addictive. Any tips outside the usual you will see starting out? The buying process seems pretty complex.

I would suggest not playing ADC. Its not a nice place to start as a newbie. I would suggest playing Top lane, then either Mid Or Jungle. Playing Jungle will give you more time to understand the game.

Focus on mini map awareness, at first its really hard but learning how to switch between laning and paying attention to the minimap is a skill in its own right that is often forgotten about. Also like someone else mentioned, last hitting is important so know how to farm correctly.

Regarding buying items and advice, it will come with time, but for now look at website like U.gg and Probuilds and Op.gg for buuying/builds for your selected champ.

Above all find a champion you enjoying playing and play it to death. you want to know the ins and outs of your champs, whaty ou are good at and how you play him/her.

Above all have fun and try not to tilt or take comments in chat to heart.

Associate
It seems impossible to get out of Bronze. I win my lane 9/10 times but have at least 1 complete moron on the team which most times leads to losing. Infuriating! Changed to playing top as jungle didn't seem to influence the game enough. I was playing ADC but the amount of supports that have no clue drives me nuts!

I keep going from Bronze V to Bronze III to Bronze V etc

i would suggest playing something that can engage fights easily (with hard cc), do good damage while being quite tanky, and easy to play (so you dont having worry about doing something hard and mess up).

i am silver easily every year since i started in season 4 (i only really play the placements because i dont enjoy solo queue that much, i just want a ranked border. so i just go 5-5 or 6-4 and gets placed in silver 5 and leave it there every year). but i was placed in bronze 4 after going 8-2 in my placements thanks to playing flex queue with my friends previous year, which destroyed my mmr.

anyway i climbed from there to silver 5 in about 50 games with a 80% win rate with hercarim. you can probably do it too, just play stuff like him, kled, lissandra (with aftershock), orin or anything like these lot and you will win a lot of games easily even from a losing position. mute everyone as soon as the game starts also helps

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the tips :)

I’ve managed to make my way to Silver 3 in 5v5 solo, 3v3 flex and 5v5 flex! Quite happy with that in my first season and the level of team mates has increased from the bottom of Bronze but I do still find the odd game where some one has absolutely no idea how to play the game and yet then are S2.

For the placements next season, am I best duoing with someone of a similar level or finding a much higher ranked partner?

I don’t really get the MMR system as yesterday my team had an MMR of around 1300 (with an unranked level 25 player) and we were against a team that had 1500 MMR (with a Plat 5 player), seemed a bit imbalanced.

Associate
Talsworthy and a load of others are still active I believe. They are on Discord, not sure if it's my place to give out the info so best to message him.

Soldato
OP
Apologies not so active on here anymore. I have sent Omega a link now :) We haven't been playing league so much lately. Never seem to get enough to make 5 and have a total dislike of playing with people outside of discord. We're not great but we just want to have fun :)

Soldato
Apologies not so active on here anymore. I have sent Omega a link now :) We haven't been playing league so much lately. Never seem to get enough to make 5 and have a total dislike of playing with people outside of discord. We're not great but we just want to have fun :)

I’ve just recently joined Discord and I’d be up for a few games. I used to play jungler, and also top and middle although much has changed since I last played! Give me a shout if you see me on Discord. I’d happily join if you don’t mind some learning on-the-fly!

Back
Top Bottom