Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Damn. Spoiler is about the stranger quest near the top right of the map -

I met that widow that you teach to hunt with Arthur about half way through the game. After a few days I saw that you can go back there as it popper up again on the screen... But I didn't go at all.

I have just been there with John and she is dead:(

2nd time you go back you teach her how to shoot the gun so she can hunt, guess she starved to death....shame on you :D

Soldato
I have just completed the story and I have to say I really enjoyed the game. Chapter 5 was the weakest part in my opinion but the rest is just fantastic, the epilogue was brilliant.

I loved the first RDR also and I wonder if the people who are not warming to the game didn't play the first one as I can see how it would be harder to enjoy if not.

9.5/10 for me. Would play again on PC ;)

Soldato
I went down to the very bottom of the map just to explore, there is a lot down there! I found a new town, fort and farms. Also, big cats and lizards to skin. Still have not explored lots of the map, it takes a lot of time to ride to new areas.

Associate
Yeah just using stick, now you mention it I remember getting the drift skill but have never used it.

Ah defo try it, I was smacking into trees all the time. On the xbox you let go of A then hold in X and use the stick to direct left or right. I am guessing it is Square on the PS4, never got far enough into the PS4 version to find out. Good luck though, it has saved me a bunch of times.

Caporegime
Its annoying that the game doesn't just let you control the horse yourself though, it feels like the game is being pre-rendered at times and you're just a passenger along for the ride.

Soldato
ended up getting £225 combined for the ps4 (with no games) and the mini snes (before ebay fees).

The £175 for the ps4 was easy came within an hour of it going up, the £50 for the mini snes took several days for an offer to come in, people are really price resistant on the those.

£350 for the ps4 pro with this game, assuming £50 for the game, a net cost £100, but I got rid of my spare mini snes as well.

Soldato
just had 3 game over restarts, the driver of the cart just kept on getting shot in the head, not my fault I was killing the enemies as fast as possible. Game over, restart ...

Had a glitch where my carts horses got stuck in anther cart. The only way to get out of the situation was to plant tnt near the other cart and blow it up. This game is sooooo buggy

Think I'm done with the game for a while, only 25% in and just can't be assed with the travelling tedium and the thought of following another of Dutchs awful plans

Soldato
Question chaps, I had a pelt on the back of my horse I wanted to sell but I had no option to remove it from the horse and it didn't show in my satchel when I was in the general store.

How do I sell them?

Soldato
Question chaps, I had a pelt on the back of my horse I wanted to sell but I had no option to remove it from the horse and it didn't show in my satchel when I was in the general store.

How do I sell them?

You need to speak to the buyer and choose 'horse' from the satchel choices R1/L1 (or whatever the xbox alternative is) :p

Soldato

How do I sell them?
Sell them to butcher or trappers. They will appear in your inventory when selling to them

Soldato
Top tip from me.

Get the legendary Buck done ASAP, you can craft a special talisman thingy at the fence that gives you a bit of a buffer/boost on your pelt conditions when your shoot them. In some cases a headshot will boost a “good” creature into a “perfect” when you skin it.

I found my legendary buck on the western edge of the map just above the organ retail site.

Soldato
Top tip from me.

Get the legendary Buck done ASAP, you can craft a special talisman thingy at the fence that gives you a bit of a buffer/boost on your pelt conditions when your shoot them. In some cases a headshot will boost a “good” creature into a “perfect” when you skin it.

I found my legendary buck on the western edge of the map just above the organ retail site.
Yeah it was the fist one I came across actually.

I just caught the legendary Perch... It took me about 5 seconds to land. Disappointing!

Soldato
The amount of times an NPC will tell you to hurry up is ridiculous... I'M GOING AS FAST AS THE GAME WILL ALLOW ME!! Best one is in camp when Dutch tells you we have to get somewhere quickly but it makes you walk slowly, all the while Dutch is shouting 'are you joining us or not?'

I just rescued someone who had been kidnapped and she was tuied up on a horse. When I killed the kidnapper she starts shouting "well aren't you gonna untie me?" Yes I am. I have to wait for the stupidly long animations to play out. Its not my fault!

Associate
Is there anywhere to store your Legendary pelts or pelts in general? I got the bear one.....didn't want to use it until I met the crafting chap later on and from doing missions etc, its disappeared off the back of my horse and I had no where to store it?

Soldato
Don't think you can store them.

Does anyone know if you hand in a whole animal to a trapper, does it count as all the parts? You don't have to skin it first do you?

I wonder if they might add in an option to have a trapper in camp.

Soldato
Is there anywhere to store your Legendary pelts or pelts in general? I got the bear one.....didn't want to use it until I met the crafting chap later on and from doing missions etc, its disappeared off the back of my horse and I had no where to store it?

Rockstar say if it vanishes from your horse it will be at the trapper waiting for you.

Back
Top Bottom