Hi all,

I recently upgraded an old system of mine with the following parts :

Mobo: Gigabyte B360 DV2
Cpu: i3 8100 3.6ghz
Ram: team group vulcan tforce 8gb DDR4

The reused components im using alongside the above:
Gpu: MSI 7970 twin frozr3
Psu: cooler master 600w silent pro

After plugging this in and attempting to boot up, I'm seeing all fans/lights start up, however there is no display showing on the monitor.

I've tried Hdmi and dvi (didn't work)
I've tried switching psu (didn't work)
I've tried switching ram (didn't work)
I've tried resitting the Cpu and Mobo (didn't work)
I've tried swapping the 7970 with an r9 390 (this did work)
I've tried swapping the 7970 into another machine to see if the gpu was dead (this worked)

To me this looks like a compatibility issue, between the 7970 and the B360m motherboard.. but I'm little out of my depth here and I'm struggling to find information to back the theory up.

I'm unable to afford a new gpu for the time being, so I'm hoping I'm either missing something, or that there is an easier fix!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Soldato
cpu has onboard iGPU , try powering the system on without the GPU installed - use motherboard Display connections .

install all drivers etc for the board and update bios if needs be and try rehousing again

Associate
OP
cpu has onboard iGPU , try powering the system on without the GPU installed - use motherboard Display connections .

install all drivers etc for the board and update bios if needs be and try rehousing again
Can't thank you enough! I updated the drivers and bios using the onboard graphics.. And all is working! Thanks again orbitalwalsh

Back
Top Bottom