******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
It's a pvp right and you can kill other players using better weapons and ships
Well much like EVE it's said that there's going to be safe zones and unsafe zones, So yeah in a PvP area you might get taken out buy someone who's got a 'better ship'

But it still rolls back round to the point that it's meant to be majority NPC, even if everyone started with an aurora, you'd fly out into a non-safe zone and get smashed up by an NPC pirate in a ship you couldn't afford

Soldato
OP
Pay to win.. Google it

Then don't buy in if you believe that. Why are people playing Elite Dangerous? By the same logic it is pay to win as it used similar tactics to crowdfund, they simply didn't take as long to punt the game out and didn't take it to the extreme CIG have.

If anything, like most games where equipment need upgraded etc using in-game funds SC will be PLAY to win, if you can actually find something to win that is.. as there isn't an end goal as such. Even if you look at racing which is the simplest individual task in-game, the instant the game starts anyone racing will need to start upgrading stuff using in-game resources and more importantly overclocking which appears to be a mix of luck and skill (mechanics still to be clarified). Can you get a head start by throwing money at the screen? Absolutely, can you actually get any sustained benefit if you haven't got 3hrs + a day to play? not a hope in hell. Just about every MMO these days and some which aren't have head starts included, been that way for over 10 years..

Caporegime

This question has been asked by the community, there are some who just don't want pvp at all.

Space in Star Citizen is divided up into 'Policed and none Policed zones' so for example around UEE instillations weapons are disabled, think Olisar as it is now, near the station inside the 'armistice zone' your weapons don't work, that does not mean all of UEE space is an armistice zone, away from UEE instillations weapons are active and you can be shot at, in the same way you can go out onto the street and kill someone there are consequences, the crime is recoded if its inside UEE space and the police will be looking for them, if you want to go looking for some pvp there are areas that are not controlled by the UEE, you wonder into those areas knowing you might end up in a pvp fight and if you lose your only recourse is your own exacted revenge.

There will always be someone with a better ship, be that they bought it now during the alpha stage of the game or because they have more hours than you earning it, gameplay Marxism is not possible, but i think that ^^^^ is pretty fair enough and caters for what most want from the game.

Soldato

Are you planning on playing the game as much as humanly possible from the starting point, maybe together with some friends at the same level? It doesn't matter the day of the week, you are there, playing, do you want to put that much time and focus in the game? Because that's the only way I see a problem with players starting with different stuff. Is not War Thunder or other game in which you go stupidly head on, with the only purpose of killing each other.

Even if you all start with the same resources, 2 players working together will get access faster than you to a bigger, better ship or better weapons and destroy you. Isn't that the same thing?

This is not GTA 5 where everyone can kill everyone, but in the world of that game, imagine that if someone will kill you, all the cops plus other NPCs plus possible other players will come for the attacker. Trolls won't last long and neither will pirates in well secured areas.

Ergo, you can start small and get to the upper tiers by your own work. Frankly, I think it will be far more entertaining to start from the bottom and climb the socioeconomic stair of the game. I have myself a 300A, but most likely will keep it as backup and try my luck with an Aurora just because of the fun part, of that rewarding feeling you get as you progress. :)

And that's the MP part, Squadron 42 will be a different thing, an experiences in itself.

Soldato
Well much like EVE it's said that there's going to be safe zones and unsafe zones, So yeah in a PvP area you might get taken out buy someone who's got a 'better ship'

But it still rolls back round to the point that it's meant to be majority NPC, even if everyone started with an aurora, you'd fly out into a non-safe zone and get smashed up by an NPC pirate in a ship you couldn't afford

There are no safe zones in EVE even in 1.0 space.

Soldato
I know, but from the point of view of the game they are one and the same type of 'safe zone'

as in there are 'police' in a zone, so while you aren't 'safe' you're unlikely to get killed randomly

If for some reason someone wants to destroy your ship, the police appears after you are destroyed. :)

We waged war on "empire" space for many years now. Especially against strategical targets that could affect null sec operations.
Or for a period due to boredom, resulted to piracy. Very lucrative business killing mission runners and hauliers while they are semi afk traveling or fighting drones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just thought i would pop back in and ask if an of you guys managed to pick up a Kraken during the concept sale last month?

If you didnt, sucks to be you I guess, because I did.

Even better, it was a wave seven credit one as well, and I have been bathing in salty tears since the second it hit my account.

Associate
Just thought i would pop back in and ask if an of you guys managed to pick up a Kraken during the concept sale last month?

If you didnt, sucks to be you I guess, because I did.

Even better, it was a wave seven credit one as well, and I have been bathing in salty tears since the second it hit my account.

I look forward to seeing you fly in your Kraken.......in the year 2030.

Soldato
1650 USD, did I read that right?

I thought that cash bought ships don't confer an in game advantage, so why would anyone be salty?

It was a limited hull, so there were not very many of them available, by the time wave seven came sround there was only a handful of store credit ones left.

Its relative merits as a ship are not really important, neither is the cost, but rather the current rarity of it.

Is this where we all start pretending to be really dim and go round in circles rehashing the same tired old arguments about ship sales, or can we put our big boy pants on and move on?

Last edited:
Soldato
what does that mean?

If you dont know what it means, then the question wasnt for you.

Just imagine that I asked if anyone here knew how to recalibrate my temporal field generator so I could more accurately arrive at a desired point in time, as the current +/- 14 days means either a lot of hanging around, or relative dissapointment.

Handy in my current endeavor of becoming pete910s dad.

We know i havemt managed it yet, as i am not his dad currently.

Anyway, back on topic, you dont know what that is, so you wouldnt jump in to the converstion.

Soldato
OP
Star Citizen lol that'll never happen.

*goes back to playing the Star Citizen alpha*

ps. literally nobody cares if people troll this tread, it's utterly irrelevant these days anyway.. discussions about the topic take place elsewhere.

@atbpx it's well known that Pete was born of an unnatural union of used AMD parts and Linus Torvald..

Back
Top Bottom