• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Caporegime
Whatever happened to you easy? A couple of years back you used to be all smug and say money was not an issue and you would buy expensive bottles of wine etc :p

I also have not purchased it btw. Don't see the point in paying full price when I have other games yet to complete. By the time I do, I will be able to grab it for a tenner with all the bugs fixed :)

I’m not adverse to spending...but I’m more astute these days...

I need to get moist first :p

Associate
980 TI here and I usually buy one gen then skip the next, so I'm also resisting the urge not to crack and pick up a 2080 TI since I'm due an upgrade.

The prospect of being able to run Just Cause 4 at 4K with everything maxed might tip me over the edge though...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well RTX doesn’t get me moist...I have better things to spend £1300 quid on...

I’m pleased my 1080ti card just bought for sub £600
Same here mate. Got me moist at the start, but it did not last long at all. Lol.

Went for a Titan XP which worked out £460 for me in the end from members market :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
980 TI here and I usually buy one gen then skip the next, so I'm also resisting the urge not to crack and pick up a 2080 TI since I'm due an upgrade.

The prospect of being able to run Just Cause 4 at 4K with everything maxed might tip me over the edge though...
Be wary, the screenshots look much better than the gameplay footage I saw, which does not look too much better than JC3. The gameplay does look like a lot of fun though. Will probably wait and grab it for a tenner in 6 months time :)

Soldato
Well RTX doesn’t get me moist...I have better things to spend £1300 quid on...

I’m pleased my 1080ti card just bought for sub £600

Installed my 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid today (haven't DDU'd yet, mind). Clocks over 1950MHz on stock, 2000MHz with GPU boost with power limit turned up - yet to overclock. It's not actually too far off the maximum stable FPS performance I got with my 2080 ti gigabyte gaming oc. Quiet as hell though and doesn't go over 50 degrees lol.

Soldato
FF15 is an existing game not a new game, sort of like the tomb raider game. But yes all further development is cancelled with immediate effect so wont be a DLSS patch for it.

Soldato
Soldato
So as expected the titular feature of the RTX cards is just about passable, at lower resolutions, on the most expensive card.... largely a waste of time on the next rung down and almost completely pointless on the entry level card.

Associate
Hi all, Even through previously I stated I would not get an RTX 2080 TI and instead booked a holiday to Korea. Well I actually did go to Korea which was amazing but also had a MSI TRIO RTX 2080 TI delivered before I left. Its a lovely card and boosts to 2000 stable when OC but to be honest I am not really noticing the difference in games at the resolution I play at. It is faster but as I tend to play Destiny 2 and BF1 and COD I am pretty sure I would have been happy to stay at a 1080 TI.

I bought the card for the speed difference and largely ignored the RTX which I assumed would be weak on the first generation of cards.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
What's more concerning is people saying they didn't buy a RTX card for the ray tracing features, just purely for performance increase over previous gen :eek:

So people were happy to pay nearly 80-100% more money purely for a 30% performance increase (1080ti to 2080ti) eek :( That's a scary prospect for the future

Soldato
What's more concerning is people saying they didn't buy a RTX card for the ray tracing features, just purely for performance increase over previous gen :eek:

So people were happy to pay nearly 80-100% more money purely for a 30% performance increase (1080ti to 2080ti) eek :( That's a scary prospect for the future

I am one of those people :D

Although I did not pay 80-100% more as I went from a 1080TI FE to a 2080TI FE, the aftermarket cards are over priced, too big and fugly :D

Soldato
I am one of those people :D

Although I did not pay 80-100% more as I went from a 1080TI FE to a 2080TI FE, the aftermarket cards are over priced, too big and fugly :D

Good for you, at least you aren't been a super sensitive about it!! Hope you are enjoying the card :) How's it with VR compared to the 1080Ti?

And speaking of VR, think of how good Alien Isolation will look, extra scary!!! Get playing it already :p:D

Back
Top Bottom