Xspc TX series ultra slim radiators

Soldato
If I can’t fit my GTS240 in the roof of my upcoming Meshify build, then I’ll be trying one of these in white. Really impressed, and delighted to see more products in the space.

The newer finishes and colours of XSPC fittings are looking great too, good job.

Soldato
I may end up using the 240mm version of these, as my 30mm GTS is fouling one of the ports on my VRM heatsink, not sure if even this will fit so will have to measure carefully.

Associate
I have one of these and it looks like the 30mm screws supplied with it are a bit long imo.

I am using silent wings 3 fans with it which are the standard 25mm depth.
The gap from the screw holes to the fins is only about 3mm with the holes at the corners being even less.

I really wouldn't fancy tightening the screws fully without filing then down a few mm first.

Associate
OP
I have one of these and it looks like the 30mm screws supplied with it are a bit long imo.

The gap from the screw holes to the fins is only about 3mm with the holes at the corners being even less.

I really wouldn't fancy tightening the screws fully without filing then down a few mm first.
Good to know. Perhaps using a few spacers would also do the trick.

Soldato

I'd check them, I had 30mm and 35mm screws come with my last radiators and the 30mm was fine. If there are puncture plates behind the screw holes, snug the screws up and you'll soon know if they're too long before tightening.

Associate
You don't need to worry. There are no tubes under the screw holes, so you cannot do any damage. The worst that can happen is you can bend a fin and that will have no effect on performance.

Soldato
They would do the trick if you have the room.
I tried it but dont have the extra room.

I did try to buy shorter screws but 6-32 unc are not very common and the ones I did find were 25 or 30mm.

They're 10 a penny on eBay. I'm watching half a dozen sellers with pretty much all sizes in stock. However, it's hard to find black ones without getting from China.

Soldato
@XSPCPAUL (or anyone else)... how would a TX240 work with low profile fans such as the Noctua NF-A12X15? I'm looking for the lowest profile solution possible.

I'll be doing exactly that with the TX120 on my current project. From what I've read, specifically the Noctua A12x15 performs the same as its 25mm thick brethren at the expense of running a bit faster. So I interpret that as spin the fan faster to match the 25mm's airflow and pressure and we'll be fine.

I'm going TX240 on my next project too, so if you do pull the trigger I'd be interested in your result.

Back
Top Bottom