DIY Kitchens... still the best value for money?

Associate
I'm afraid an island is out of the question here. Ideally you would need at least another 1.5m in width.

It's quite a tricky one actually, there are not that many options in my mind.
Thank you!

And yeah, we tried many drawings to try fit an island - it's just not happening in there so tried some U-shape styles as a compromise. And if the expert thinks it's a tricky space, that cements why we're finding it hard to visualise ideas.

I tried to send you a beer/vino tip for your time but couldn't. Perhaps you can send me a message instead?

Associate
Dear @PFarrey sorry to hijack the thread and bother you. But if I was to provide you with a basic plan, measurements and photos would you perhaps be able to suggest some ideas in terms of layout for our kitchen?

Many thanks

Darren

Soldato
I just want to add that my order from DIY Kitchens arrived yesterday evening.

Even though we'd gone with the cheapest kerbside delivery option the guys helped us get the larger units up the drive, which we were grateful for. Everything is very well packed to avoid damage and well labelled making it easy to check it was all here.

Opened up one of the smaller boxes which had the unit legs and fittings in it to find a complimentary box of Yorkshire teabags and a pack of Oreos. A nice little touch and a step up from Haribo :D

Soldato
I just want to add that my order from DIY Kitchens arrived yesterday evening.

Even though we'd gone with the cheapest kerbside delivery option the guys helped us get the larger units up the drive, which we were grateful for. Everything is very well packed to avoid damage and well labelled making it easy to check it was all here.

Opened up one of the smaller boxes which had the unit legs and fittings in it to find a complimentary box of Yorkshire teabags and a pack of Oreos. A nice little touch and a step up from Haribo :D

Ha that's a nice touch.

I'm still on fence... We're due to close with German supplier tomorrow and it's only 4k more than diy kitchens!

Make sure you post some pictures when installed, they seem amazing value.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
@PFarrey any chance that if I fling the dimensions of my pokey kitchen you might be able to help? We are looking to get a new kitchen but have almost no idea how to start. I'm worried we'll end up with a basic kitchen and then learn it could have been so much better.

@paintguy progress pics, as many progress pics.

Soldato
@Kol

Get in line, i think the poor guy has had about 10 requests in the last week (i'm one of them!)

I do think it'd be useful for you to give something like the DIY Kitchen planner a go though. It helps you get a rough idea before you start going round the kitchen places.

Soldato
We went to the showroom today. It’s well worth a visit and had lots of example kitchens. Plus free drinks and cake!

The staff were very helpful with advice but weren’t great at offering support with designs even though I’d gone with a plan I’d made on their planner.

Found our ideal worktop though only to find it was £400 a meter!

Associate
Ha that's a nice touch.

I'm still on fence... We're due to close with German supplier tomorrow and it's only 4k more than diy kitchens!

Make sure you post some pictures when installed, they seem amazing value.

Please could I ask you for the name and supplier of the German kitchen that is fairly competitive with diy kitchens. Thanks

Soldato
OP
In case anyone is looking for true handleless, Howdens now do one.

According to my carpenters, who fitted a couple of their showrooms with the new kitchens, they have adapted their existing carcasses to fit a rail, so there are some idiosyncrasies with some of the units. But worth a look.

Soldato
In case anyone is looking for true handleless, Howdens now do one.

According to my carpenters, who fitted a couple of their showrooms with the new kitchens, they have adapted their existing carcasses to fit a rail, so there are some idiosyncrasies with some of the units. But worth a look.

I had a look at the Wren (identical) version of this, the issue I have is when you have vertical floor to ceiling as you need to have space between the units to stick your fingers in.

Back
Top Bottom