Edison Screw lamp pendants

Soldato
Either I'm really bad at searching, or plain white E27 pendant fittings are pretty thin on the ground.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Have tried all the usual places and drawn a blank, but unsure as to whether that is my searching skills or they simply do not stock them.

Soldato
Either I'm really bad at searching, or plain white E27 pendant fittings are pretty thin on the ground.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Have tried all the usual places and drawn a blank, but unsure as to whether that is my searching skills or they simply do not stock them.
Pretty uncommon as hardly anyone uses them! What do you want them for?

Soldato
http://cpc.farnell.com/minisun/18918/designer-pendant-light-white-with/dp/LA06299

But do seam expensive when compared to BC fitting.

If you're fitting Edison Screw fittings make sure you wire the centre pin to line (also know as live) and screw to neutral. On some fittings it's possible to touch the threaded socket so wiring it to line is not a good idea.

Also remember if you're thinking of replacing plastic fittings with metal ones you need to check there's an earth. This shouldn't be an issue in new installs, but if you've got very old wiring or someone who doesn't know what they're doing has done electrical work then it could be an issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom