• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Hey guys,

Sorry about the slow reply, Gibbo is actually out of office at the moment!

They've arrived this morning at our warehouse, signed for around 9:43am so should be shipping ASAP, gonna go give them a nudge to make sure it's top on their list of things to do.

Adam from Gibabyte has been keeping a close eye on the order for you all, don't worry.

Associate
Hey guys,

Sorry about the slow reply, Gibbo is actually out of office at the moment!

They've arrived this morning at our warehouse, signed for around 9:43am so should be shipping ASAP, gonna go give them a nudge to make sure it's top on their list of things to do.

Adam from Gibabyte has been keeping a close eye on the order for you all, don't worry.

Thanks for the update much appreciated.

Associate
I have this on order elsewhere given they only had 3 preorders compared to 38 here! I needed a card less than 300mm in length with decent specs and this fitted the bill. I'd happily switch to Ocuk if they have more stock after their pre-orders are fulfilled. This 2080 launch has been even worse than the 1080 - i waited 3.5mths for my Strix after ordering day 1 in 2016. Not paying Asus prices this time around and as such i'm blindly buying this - the absence of any reviews doesn't help and nor does the noise issue that has been flagged up on the 2080 Xtreme over the past few days. I'm hoping for good things with this card and really keen to see what RTX can do. Hope people get theirs this week and report back.

Associate
I'm not worried about the noise. My gf has an aorus extreme 1080ti and it ran cooler than the evga 1080ti ftw3 I had. I think with a more aggressive fan curve the temps will be fine. Not sure about the noise though.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not worried about the noise. My gf has an aorus extreme 1080ti and it ran cooler than the evga 1080ti ftw3 I had. I think with a more aggressive fan curve the temps will be fine. Not sure about the noise though.

A quick Google for “Aorus 2080 review” and you’ll see a few people have reviewed the non-Ti version of the card. Only the KitGuru review mentions noise as a problem, and at least one of the other reviews says that the card is actually quiet.

If Overclockers get our cards sent out today we’ll probably get to try our cards before any major reviews hit for the Ti, but if find any reviews, I’ll post up.

Associate
A quick Google for “Aorus 2080 review” and you’ll see a few people have reviewed the non-Ti version of the card. Only the KitGuru review mentions noise as a problem, and at least one of the other reviews says that the card is actually quiet.

If Overclockers get our cards sent out today we’ll probably get to try our cards before any major reviews hit for the Ti, but if find any reviews, I’ll post up.

Yea people were putting much more weight on the kitguru review even although there were numerous other reviews saying the noise levels were fine. Looking forward to getting the card as I've been using my old pc with a 770.

Soldato
When the money is taken as soon as you order then the least they can do is post them as soon as they arrive.

Nearly 1am Tuesday when they've been sitting in the warehouse since 10am Monday isn't very good.

Associate
Dream on mate I no they have pre orderd first to do I’m not holding my breathe for this week now with living in Belfast next week is more likely for me now .....
I preordered about 2 or 3 weeks ago now tommorow couldn't come soon enough thats kinda why i hate preordering sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom