Battlefield V

Soldato
Played all my 10hours of two days, really good game, so much better than BF1, no more constant gas or fire grenades, no more elite kits or horses, but proper war.

There are a few bugs still, bullet stacking is a big one, seems the KE7 is the worst and you can die from what seems like 1 bullet, but when you use it it takes more, it is a dam fine gun though.

Also a few issues with vaulting in true dice style, Planes also seem to bounce off buildings and trees, i crashed my Blenheim in a house only to bounce into a tree and carry on, same plane I hit the ground and bounced, quite handy being a rubbish pilot but a bit daft also.

Overall it looks stunning, Arrass is beautiful while devisation it grey and miserable putting across the effects of the bombing.

The only map I dislike is Hamada, it's too big and full of either tanks or snipers, really boring to play.

Soldato
What is the map design like? Are they still big with lots of fighting in between each flag? I really enjoyed the maps on BF1

Soldato
I used up all of my 10 hours and thought it was really good.

As I said above the only bit that I don't like is not being able to choose to play Domination or TDM and being stuck in with the Frontlines rotation which I just don't like due to the time it takes so have to quit every time that comes up.

I guess on full release Dice will have more servers up and more people playing so should be able to choose what to play.

I'm also unsure how weapon progression works, so will have to read up on that unless anyone can give an quick explanation..

Also didn't realise it was out this Thursday, for some reason I thought it was Friday.

Soldato
Watched a few player reviews tearing into this, how it's more like Battlefront with a different skin - and that without standout events from WW2, it often fails to feel like a WW2 game at all.

I might bargain bin it when the price eventually crashes, but for now at least, I'm happy to give this part of the BF series a miss - like I did with 2142 :D

Associate
Watched a few player reviews tearing into this, how it's more like Battlefront with a different skin - and that without standout events from WW2, it often fails to feel like a WW2 game at all.

It's also full of fantasy guns that were never used in combat during WW2, like the Turner SMLE. Crazy considering the amount of guns they could draw upon that were actually used....

For me also the game would have been a lot better if they locked Allies and Axis to their own weapons.

One of my biggest gripes is why Allied Squad leaders get a V1 missile strike. They could have easily replaced that with a Mosquito bomber strike / Royal Artillery barrage or something else.

Soldato

I might bargain bin it when the price eventually crashes, but for now at least, I'm happy to give this part of the BF series a miss - like I did with 2142 :D

Battlefront was just a reskined BF4 , It plays so much better than BF and i don't get how they say it feels nothing like a ww2 game, It's bloody awesome, the sound of Spitfires, the bombers and tanks, this is by far the best Battlefield game in a while.

Caporegime
I wouldn't mind playing the single player of this, as I did enjoy BF1's war stories, but there's zero chance I'd play the MP so it feels like a waste of money at this stage.

I'll pick it up when it's a tenner to play the SP and move it on.

Associate
I have to admit that I am enjoying this game after not being too impressed with the beta.

Something is just clicking with me and the game right now. The ttk is perfect imo coming from that abomination known as bo4.

Graphics are superb as well as audio.

I don't get how some are claiming that it doesn't have a war feel to it, it does to me.

The beta maps are the worst maps imo and they're not that bad really. The other maps are great.

I have bought the Xbox version for the One X as I can't be dealing with cheaters on PC this time around.

DX12 is busted on PC as well just like the previous games and sadly those who bought a Nvidia card for RTX features needed DX12 to work.

This game plays more like BF4 than BF1 to me and is stunning in 4K.

Soldato
I have to admit that I am enjoying this game after not being too impressed with the beta.

Something is just clicking with me and the game right now. The ttk is perfect imo coming from that abomination known as bo4.

Graphics are superb as well as audio.

I don't get how some are claiming that it doesn't have a war feel to it, it does to me.

The beta maps are the worst maps imo and they're not that bad really. The other maps are great.

I have bought the Xbox version for the One X as I can't be dealing with cheaters on PC this time around.

DX12 is busted on PC as well just like the previous games and sadly those who bought a Nvidia card for RTX features needed DX12 to work.

This game plays more like BF4 than BF1 to me and is stunning in 4K.

It must be a Dice they, they always out the worst maps in the Beta, although on this occasion I thought the map was OK.

I think people who claim it doesn't have a WW2 or a war feel are just looking for something to moan about or basing their opinion on what they have read.

I've bought it on the X this time around as my 10 hrs trial progress carries over and now that I can use my PS4 pad on the X I don't mind it.

I watched a couple of video about the PC performance with RTX, not good... especially considering they used the BFV to show off the RTX at their event. TBH though it looks really good on the X as it does on the Pro and it has improved a lot since the beta.

Soldato
Nearly finished my 10 hours, enjoying it also. Looks amazing as well on the X plays really nice, not even tried grand operations yet which was my main go to game mode on BF1.

Associate
It must be a Dice they, they always out the worst maps in the Beta, although on this occasion I thought the map was OK.

I think people who claim it doesn't have a WW2 or a war feel are just looking for something to moan about or basing their opinion on what they have read.

I've bought it on the X this time around as my 10 hrs trial progress carries over and now that I can use my PS4 pad on the X I don't mind it.

I watched a couple of video about the PC performance with RTX, not good... especially considering they used the BFV to show off the RTX at their event. TBH though it looks really good on the X as it does on the Pro and it has improved a lot since the beta.

I bought the deluxe edition for the same price as standard and I have 4 hours left on the trial.

Just played a match on the Xbox One S and it runs pretty well.

I have four family members who are ready for releases day all on Xbox.

Going to game share like we do on PS4 for the first time on Xbox. :D

Soldato
Ive enjoyed the trial, deffo jumping in, I dont get the hate to be honest, gun play is loads better than BF1. gameplay so far seems much better and some of the grand operations maps and game modes are really fun.

but its EA so everyone get your pitchforks out and complain cause its got women in it.

The complaints about SW:BF2 were justified, about this? not so much that i can see,

They want to move away from Omaha beach image of WW2 and show some other battles? I'm well up for that we don't need the same battles every game, (RTCW had the best beach map anyway),

Associate
What does WW2 feel like in a game?

The might as well have just gone full alternative timeline like Wolfenstein. The British even have an outfit that says "slaying for the Queen" on the back. Are DICE even aware that King George V was on the throne....

The German's parachute out of a C47 Dakota which has British troops inside. All these little things just add up, stick out and kill immersion.

Soldato
Immersion <<< Gameplay if you ask me, and immersion isnt just about historical accuracy is it.

Sloppy as some of it is, its hardly whipping out a ipad and calling in a orbital strike is it.

Back
Top Bottom