Could someone help me out? I recently decided to uprgrade my old gaming computer as it is in need of urgent replacement and came across overclockers uk’s custom pc build configurator. I put in my desired spec, which was:
- i5-8600k
- Gigabyte B360 HD3
- Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Glass Midi tower
- 2 Corsair Vengeance 4GB 2666mhz RAM Sticks
- Coolermaster Hyper 212X
- MSI Armour 8GB RX 570 OC
- A 80 Plus Bronze 500W Power Supply
- WD Green 3D Nano 120GB SSD
- 1TB Seagate Baracuda 7200RPM

The configuration originally came to a grand total of £825.83 with all of the offers on the induvidual parts that I was including in the computer. However, only yesterday, I checked and it says it now costs £935.83, which all of the same offers still showing, completely the same as before. Can someone please explain to me why the price has gone up by £110 with no changes?

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
The biggest price increase on that list of parts will be on the Intel 8600k.

Intel have supply issues due to having to produce a lot more on their 14nm node than they anticipated, so supply is tight on CPU's like the 8 and 9 series. It's going to be well into next year before they sort that out I'm afraid.

The biggest price increase on that list of parts will be on the Intel 8600k.

Intel have supply issues due to having to produce a lot more on their 14nm node than they anticipated, so supply is tight on CPU's like the 8 and 9 series. It's going to be well into next year before they sort that out I'm afraid.

Shame, I was looking at trying to get a new computer for at least the new year. Thanks anyway though.

Soldato
Why not wait till black Friday like many of us?

I'm on the look out for some deals, mainly CPU, RAM etc... Memory will be less than £100 for a 16GB kit, already seen these going for less than £97!

Soldato
The overclockers website is scripted!
Add items to your basket and don't actually go to checkout then it adds a % on to each item you look at after that as a punishment for not buying them previously.
Devious isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom