Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I know its an innocent question but its obvious you aren't actually curious and are implying something. Please just be happy and not critical, cynical, accusatory, or otherwise negative. I swear its every single post you make these days. :p

Hows the Bimmer treating you?

It has been for the last 7 years. Some serious effort to be that miserable for so long :D

Soldato
dcu4qd.jpg

2dipw1c.jpg

ri92km.jpg

Finally got my new Cupra 290 after 9 months waiting and selling my Celica gt4 back in June. :(

Three last 5 months driving a 1.1 55bhp panda has been painful. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice enough Cupra, mate has one and they are rapid. But those seats, man they should be sportier than that!

They are the base seats, more supportive than they look but you can pay more for sports seats but on a lease doesnt make sense.

Going from a Celica GT4 to that, have you had a baby? :D

Nah haha we are moving from 2 to 1 cars so has to be practical to carry partners roller hockey gear, whilst still being entertaining for me.

As much as I loved the Celica I had it for 11 years and it was getting to the stage where it needed serious money spending on it.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Shame about the GT4 Simon, was it a tough decision?
Remember squeezing into the back "seat" for a passenger ride :D

See a lot of hot Seats around these days, they must be doing something right :)

Soldato
Shame about the GT4 Simon, was it a tough decision?
Remember squeezing into the back "seat" for a passenger ride :D

See a lot of hot Seats around these days, they must be doing something right :)

Yeah I think leasing them for £269 a month has helped shift a few I imagine.

I can totally understand where you are coming from Cymatty. They are not the cheapest thing to run and with the constant fear of ringlands in the back of you head! Mines a keeper though. Currently speccing up a forged engine for next year!

The engine on mine was fine, it was stupid stuff like the heater was not working properly, the alarm being funny so needing to disconnect the battery when parked up. It also needed wheel refurb and some painting and the general 23 year old maintenance.

For the 3k miles I did it got expensive per mile.

Soldato
It also needed wheel refurb

That's because you never washed them!!

I certainly understand the running costs though. For those lucky enough to be able to do it themselves, it really does keep the costs down. If you have to rely on garages/other people I'm sure it can get expensive very quickly? Do you know what the new owner has planned for the GT4, will it live on?

Seat looks good, do these have the same engine as the Golf R?

Back
Top Bottom