**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Liking it. Really miss the squeeze to launch camera thing from my U11 and not totally sure the curved screen is a great idea. Also EMUI isn't brilliant but aside from that it's a decent phone so far.

Curved screen is never a good idea ha.

That reminds me, why Huawei didn't implement the double power button press to launch camera is baffling. Yes you can double press vol down but only when screen is off.

At which saturation do you have the screen? In the lower or higher mode? If in lower do you notice the boost in saturation when on YouTube. Most people probably don't mind.

Soldato
I was speaking to the Huawei rep today, he said that phones from CPW AND EE should have better screens that the phones from other retailers.

Apparently some are made in Amsterdam and some in China?

Associate
Haven't posted this yet, but no finger print support for the HSBC app!

Locked myself out of TSB and Hargreaves Lansdown so can't comment on those yet, am I doing something wrong with HSBC or is there no support?

Soldato
Haven't posted this yet, but no finger print support for the HSBC app!

Locked myself out of TSB and Hargreaves Lansdown so can't comment on those yet, am I doing something wrong with HSBC or is there no support?
Hmm wonder if the NatWest app works.. still waiting for my PAC code to go through will test it..

Soldato
Just picked up one of these on Vodafone, switching from an S8 on Three.

Very impressed so far, very snappy, great camera and the battery life is outstanding.

I've had no issues with the fingerprint scanner on the Lloyds App or Revolut etc.

My screen is the LG-01-18-10-51 and doesn't appear to have any issues.

One thing I will say, I've always rated Three for data, however after switching to Voda its another level speed wise, I'm getting Speedtest results of over 150Mbps.

Don't apprear to have any issues running Nova Launcher either.

Associate
not supported by the first direct app either, and first direct are part of the HSBC group. i think it takes them a little while to add phones to the supported lists, so hopefully soon.

Soldato
I was speaking to the Huawei rep today, he said that phones from CPW AND EE should have better screens that the phones from other retailers.

Apparently some are made in Amsterdam and some in China?
Makes sense. My phone came from EE and has a BOE screen and has a little sticker on the back saying Huawei Netherlands.

Soldato
A long shot, but does anyone else use a Work profile? Ido, but don't understand why it has to ask me for each setting I try and go into, which profile I'm using?

I tap 'Display' I have to select Personal or Work.
I tap 'Battery' I have to select Personal or Work.

Anyone know how I stop this?

Soldato
One thing that I've found which helps with notification space along the top is shifting battery % into the battery icon (option is in the battery settings).
Means you get a massive 3 icons worth of space on the left for notifications instead of 2.
Gotta love notches right...

Soldato
One thing that I've found which helps with notification space along the top is shifting battery % into the battery icon (option is in the battery settings).
Means you get a massive 3 icons worth of space on the left for notifications instead of 2.
Gotta love notches right...

One of main reasons why I sent my mate 20 Pro back. Notification area was messed up and no customisation options.

Associate
Called Three and paid my final bill and cancelled the contract sim.

The below payment method works fine:

1 X £49 up front cost
1 X £42 for month 1
23 X £42 to pay remainder of contract term = £966 - 20% = £772.80

Total paid. £863.80

Associate
Had anybody had an issue with headphones and the adaptor supplied?
Night and day between the supplied ones and 2 others I've tried...granted one was a hyper x gaming headset. . Never listened to usbc headphones before. Should the sound the same with the adaptor? Turned dolby atmos off... Very little difference.. No bass whatsoever with the adaptor.
Not sure who's ears are meant to fit the supplied ones

Soldato
I thought the usb ones sounded pretty good but very very uncomfortable. Tried the adapter with a pair of really old headphones and yeah did sound terrible. Will try my cans later and see if still as bad.

Soldato
I tried adapter with my wired in ears and they sounded fine. Pretty much the same as on my oneplus 5. The only difference was the eq app didn't like the mate 20 Pro. It would kill the bass when enabled, but worked fine on op5.

Back
Top Bottom