**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
That's not a bad shout with the merge. Most stuff is 5g now right ?

My iPad constantly drops off my virgin router so feel your pain.

I am expecting an update for the pixel in the coming weeks to patch a few bits.

I did a little messing around last night before bed. Turning off IPv6 on my router seems to make it a LOT more stable and less prone to drops. I've not yet merged the two bands but so far it seems to be okay. Will do some more testing when I get home later.

Soldato
My 2XL could not live with my 5G band on my router at all. I just put it down to the signal not being strong enough. I have my bands separated and leave the 5G for my laptop/pc/firestick etc and my phone uses the regular 2.4. No issues for me.

Soldato
I received mine around launch day, it says I have until the 21st to return. Does anyone know, do they need to have received it by 21st, or I just need to decide by the 21st?
I asked on google store support chat, my date is up to and including 22nd, I have also asked them to escalate a question about if there will be any black friday offers as it seems there will be in the US and the details are widely available and cited as from google, I await their email.

Soldato
So £40 off Pixel 3/XL and £300 off Pixel Book in the Google store...
Considering a Home mini and Chromecast 3 for £49. I had the first Chromecast and to be honest it frustrated the life out of me but hopefully 3rd gen is a good improvement.

Soldato
Just seen the price drops. I think there will be some tasty deals next week though (even if they are on a contract).

Indian shop also doing the £40 off. I think this could be the new standard price.

Soldato
Isn't that just the start though with bigger discounts on the way next week?

I'm hoping the £40 savings trickle down to the contracts, which hopefully will see awesome discounts. They were last year (ie, £100 off codes)

Best thing to do is calculate the TCO now to see just how much you're really saving on black friday

Back
Top Bottom