Dell S2716DG warranty queries

Soldato
Dell S2716DG

My son hah this screen and today we noticed its developed a fault.
Where the middle of the screen is, you can clearly see the screen is in 2 halves where it meets now.
The 2 halves do not align properly so one side is higher/lower than the other and when you type as an instance, if the letter that falls there is an M it looks like an N as the rest of the letter is missing. Also whne in a game you can see the lines and details do not line up any more.

This was a year old as of yesterday, what are dell like for returns and is there a specific link etc i need to use?
also how loing if anyone knows, is their turn around?

Thanks for looking.

Soldato
OP
Having now hunted the internet i see it can be an nvidia g-sync screen issue that sometimes is fixed with a simple turn the screen on and off, will monitor this and see hoiw many times it does this over time.
It did indeed re align the 2 sides properly again.

Soldato
If you need to RMA it in future try OcUK first, make a post in the customer section part of the forum. That monitor for warranty says on-site with Dell. May sound dumb but I don't know if on-site means at OcUK, so customer section part of forum ;)

That monitor has been discussed a bit over the last few days as some peeps are considering buying it so I have some questions for you. Have you noticed any colour banding? and do you know what panel revision your monitor is? I believe they are numbered A01 to 9.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
There is no colour banding on this screen at all that i can see, i will get you the revision number in a bit when my son had finished gaming lol
To be fair it looks good visually, better than i thought it would as i have an ips screen.

Soldato
If it's faulty contact Dell they'll send a replacement out next business day and collect the faulty one.

Soldato
OP
Seems to be ok now, first time i noticed it and restart fixed it. Read a few nvidia g-sync issues with the same issue i had.

The screen itself is very good, image seems crisp and colours are good, i have an ips screen here and really its not far off it at all.

Back
Top Bottom