• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
Done some rudimentary testing.

Micron memory.

324W power consumption stock bios.
71C whilst under load at 72% fan speed
1920MHz boost out of the box.
4698 Valley score.

Upping the voltage by 100MV and power limit to 122% (324W) lowered the score by 200 points. Not sure what was happening there.

Caporegime

Micron memory.

324W power consumption stock bios.
71C whilst under load at 72% fan speed
1920MHz boost out of the box.
4698 Valley score.

Upping the voltage by 100MV and power limit to 122% (324W) lowered the score by 200 points. Not sure what was happening there.

How are thermals and fan noise?

Associate

It sounds kind of like heat or power throttling, though it shouldn't stall at 71*c...

I think it can pull 75W from the PCIE slot, 150W from the 8-pin and if there's a 6-pin that's usually 75W (though 6-pins can still pull 150W just fine), but maybe it's bouncing trying to not overload one input? - Pure speculation though.

Associate
How are thermals and fan noise?

71C under full load with 72% fan speed which is toastier than I'd like but that is a benchmark and not a real scenario and I won't lie it's a little noisy. The stock bios won't allow a temp higher than 30c with 0 fan speed.

Caporegime
71C under full load with 72% fan speed which is toastier than I'd like but that is a benchmark and not a real scenario and I won't lie it's a little noisy. The stock bios won't allow a temp higher than 30c with 0 fan speed.

Be better giving a game a good run through, valley and heaven on my ti don't heat up the core as much as battlefield 1 in 4k. Bf1 usually tacks on about 6-7c to the valley max temps.

Associate

71C with 72% fan speed. I was expecting better. Tomorrow I am recieving mine. I am seriously considering just keep box sealed and return it or perhaps sell it...

Caporegime
So i seem to have a problem middle fan spins the other two wont spin... and at random the other 2 fans go back to life and then stop again :/

Any signs of bending on the shroud that could be causing issues with the fans? They had this issue on the 1080 version extreme card with the packaging not being sufficient to stop it taking damage in transit.

Associate
What case have you?

Enthoo Luxe with Corsair AF and SP fans. The corsair fans are so noisy though on my AIO. I have no clue how to slow them down. My computer is overly noisy and it bugs me.

As for the GPU, I'll rigorously test it this weekend. Initial testing seems okay.

From what I can see on afterburner you can't have 0 fan speed above 30c. It won't let me change that. No signs of a dented shroud on mine, all of the fans spin perfectly fine. No complaints yet but I haven't tested properly yet. Will report back this weekend.

Associate

So i put fans to 100% still the same problem...

Su

r h sure its not feature of card ? There is Fan stops sign on side of card as well. Good luck

I know about the fan stop etc but in that case the middle fan would also stop seems like the only fan working properly is the middle one.

Any signs of bending on the shroud that could be causing issues with the fans? They had this issue on the 1080 version extreme card with the packaging not being sufficient to stop it taking damage in transit.

No bending shroud is fine :/

What i find odd is it was working ok for a good 5hours but i noticed early on when fans where at a low speed it couldn't hold the special affects on the leds properly it would go from wave to solid colour and i could hear a click sound each time it changes from wave to a solid colour but once the fan speed was set to around 40% it stopped doing that and clicking sound also stopped.

Last edited:
Caporegime

So i put fans to 100% still the same problem...

I know about the fan stop etc but in that case the middle fan would also stop seems like the only fan working properly is the middle one.

No bending shroud is fine :/

What i find odd is it was working ok for a good 5hours but i noticed early on when fans where at a low speed it couldn't hold the special affects on the leds properly it would go from wave to solid colour and i could hear a click sound each time it changes from wave to a solid colour but once the fan speed was set to around 40% it stopped doing that and clicking sound also stopped.

Possible the cable going to the fan header is loose or somehow worked itself out?

Associate
No idea why mine never stopped. Can't be bothered testing my 6600k I'll be putting my 2700x and CH7 in tomorrow and moving some things around to see if I can get my fans quieter.

My damn fans are always 2800 rpm together and i can't change the speed to be variable.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Be a pain to rma as well, seeing as there seems to be not much stock doing the rounds (for as yet unexplained reasons). So could well be another waiting game ffs :(

Associate
So I got mine yesterday. Ordered it the day before when there was 4 left in stock.

Not particularly Wowed to be honest. I upgraded from a 1080.

This card is loud and hot.

I can't finish an OC scan because it hits the temp limit and it offers a measly +43 mhz to pit on the clock. It stops half way through the scan every time.

Back
Top Bottom