• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ray Tracing working on VEGA in Battlefield 5 ? :D

Soldato
Thanks to OnnA over on Guru3D forums for this.

Not sure how true this is guys but if you force the commands its supposed to force ray tracing on :D
RayTrace Enabled & Working on Vega at 1440p 70FPS (RTX at High preset, screens from Campaign Mission 1)
I can Play the Game NP.

In BFV Directory in MyDocuments -> PROFSAVE_profile
GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1
GstRender.DxREnabled 1
GstRender.RaytraceReflectionQuality 2

Note:
Im not sure if this is IT -> But with those settings game is looking a little better on reflections.

Some screenshots
W39Wps6.jpg

q0tU6z6.jpg

KUePQGg.jpg

YlRrlfL.jpg

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-48#post-5607107

Soldato
OP
Reddit seems mixed atm

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9xnkwa/dxr_fallback_on_vega_raytracing/

the9thdude

AMD Ryzen 1700 / Vega 563 points·1 hour ago
From what I can see in the screenshots, there are some real-time reflections being rendered, just without de-noising. There's also bugs in the reflections from what I can see. Things are getting cut off or not rendered entirely, so that implies that they're not screen space reflections because they would otherwise be rendering properly.

I would still take this with a grain of salt until we get more people enabling DXR on Vega for more comparisons.

Soldato
The developers didn't use gameworks, so I've read, for it so I think it could be possible, and we do know the Vega is a good compute card so it may be able to render it at usable frames. I haven't got the game so I can't confirm.

Would be funny if it was faster, or as fast, as the RTX though..

Caporegime
The developers didn't use gameworks, so I've read, for it so I think it could be possible, and we do know the Vega is a good compute card so it may be able to render it at usable frames. I haven't got the game so I can't confirm.

Would be funny if it was faster, or as fast, as the RTX though..

Would be hilarious !

Man of Honour
The images I've seen it doesn't look like it is working correctly - light sources not being occluded by smoke, etc. that are with the game rendered on a Turing card and so on.

If it is engaging DXR (which seems unlikely as AMD haven't officially added support for it?) it is using some kind of feature lite fallback path.

EDIT: Seems all the screenshots so far show screen space reflections and not ray tracing.

Back
Top Bottom